INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is there a reason why MC doesn't have root and title menu options?  (Read 1370 times)

jarthel

• Recent member

it seems that it only has a "dvd menu" option.

I have a badly authored disc that when either root or title menu is pressed (in powerdvd), it justs stop. BUT would work fine if the other menu option is selected. It seems pressing the dvd menu option in MC defaults to the bad option. and ejecting/reinserting the disc doesn't do anything helpful. I suppose MC has somehow stored in its memory to resume the current position.

maybe a suggestion for a root/title menu options or maybe something like powerdvd's implementation where a user is asked to choose between play (starts from the start) or resume (starts where i left off)

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: is there a reason why MC doesn't have root and title menu options?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:30:37 pm »

it seems that it only has a "dvd menu" option.

I have a badly authored disc that when either root or title menu is pressed (in powerdvd), it justs stop. BUT would work fine if the other menu option is selected. It seems pressing the dvd menu option in MC defaults to the bad option. and ejecting/reinserting the disc doesn't do anything helpful. I suppose MC has somehow stored in its memory to resume the current position.

maybe a suggestion for a root/title menu options or maybe something like powerdvd's implementation where a user is asked to choose between play (starts from the start) or resume (starts where i left off)

thanks

I believe you can show, then clear the data in the "Bookmark" column to reset the playback position of the DVD.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jarthel

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:15:08 am »

I believe you can show, then clear the data in the "Bookmark" column to reset the playback position of the DVD.

can you please tell me where to find these options?

thank you very much

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 07:14:45 am »

you can make a new smartlist. set in the rules, Bookmark is not empty. set in the modify results limit database to cd.
now in the view of the smartlist add the column bookmark. search the file you want to change, click on it in the bookmarkfield, type F2 and reset it to empty.

does that work?

now when you want that 'file' to never use bookmarking add also the column 'use bookmarking' and set it to no.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up