INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin manager stranded dialog box  (Read 1122 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Skin manager stranded dialog box
« on: November 15, 2008, 07:44:45 pm »

Yet another one.  Brought up the Skin Manager dialog box.  Was current on Thunderstorm, select Blue Steel. 

Why?  Because I hate transparent menus.  WHERE IS THE OPTION to DISABLE THEM?

Anyway, I used the Apply button, but then right-clicked on the underlying window to see if the menu stopped using transparency (it didn't).  Trouble is it then stranded the Skin Manager dialog box.  Same deal, app's own controls won't work.  Had to use Close from the task bar (not the task manager).

It's a bit tedious stumbling across really basic UI bugs like this.  It sure seems like MC11 had a much better handle on dealing with rapid UI interaction. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Skin manager stranded dialog box
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:17:51 pm »

Yet another one.  Brought up the Skin Manager dialog box.  Was current on Thunderstorm, select Blue Steel. 

Why?  Because I hate transparent menus.  WHERE IS THE OPTION to DISABLE THEM?

Anyway, I used the Apply button, but then right-clicked on the underlying window to see if the menu stopped using transparency (it didn't).  Trouble is it then stranded the Skin Manager dialog box.  Same deal, app's own controls won't work.  Had to use Close from the task bar (not the task manager).

I can't reproduce this.  Any tips?  Anyone else?

It's a bit tedious stumbling across really basic UI bugs like this.  It sure seems like MC11 had a much better handle on dealing with rapid UI interaction.

I would not recommend using Media Center 13 yet if minor speed-bumps upset you.  We try to make sure each build is as stable as possible, but keep in mind that version 13 is still under active development.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Skin manager stranded dialog box
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 10:01:57 pm »

Hmm, having been an MC user for quite a while now I'll just roll my eyes at that comment.  MC and minor speed bumps?  HA!  It's been nothing but minor speed bumps the entire time, through all the versions.  But, as software goes, it's range of features redeems it from the usage hassles, at least most of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up