INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting to FFDshow for libdts (must use DirectSound)  (Read 1806 times)

JONCAT

Connecting to FFDshow for libdts (must use DirectSound)
« on: November 16, 2008, 08:55:49 am »

I have a question about resampling.

Only some MKV files (x264) that use 5.1 give me trouble if I do not set the video playback audio renderer device as directsound. I have tried all kinds of settings in FFDshow, but the only fix is to use DirectSound in MC video renderer.

If I do not use directsound, the audio is sent to FFDshow, and re-sampled improperly (with major stuttering).

I have two zones and it occurs on both (Realtek HDMI audio & EMU1212M via Patchmix). The Realtek mixer is more flexible in that it can read the incoming sample rate and adjst on the fly, whereas the EMU is hard set with its sample rate in Patchmix. FFDshow can be set to "any filter", but I must use directsound in MC video options (not the audio Playback options) to have stutter free re-sampling.

The other issue is that I accidently put my system in standby and upon resume MC would connect to FFDshow. Every now and then this seems to happen on its own (without a trigger such as standby).

Last night I uninstalled CCCP and an install of FFDshow. I installed the sep. version of CCCP with its packed version of FFDshow and I'm hoping for no further issues.

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone runs into the same issue or believes this may be a clue to some of the strange behavior I have noted with .534 and ffdshow (I can't test with older MC12 versions as they have all been taken down for some reason).

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up