INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rule/Modifyer to Limit Artist Proximity?  (Read 1324 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Rule/Modifyer to Limit Artist Proximity?
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:00:50 am »

I've read through the "Smartlist and Search - Rules and Modifiers" wiki a number of times and cannot figure out if there's a way to limit a playlist such that tracks from the same artist will not play within a certain number of minutes or tracks from one another.  [lastplayed]= appears to only work with tracks, but with all the amazing ways to filter things, it's hard to believe this can't be applied to other parameters.  Anyone know what the syntax is for doing this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Rule/Modifyer to Limit Artist Proximity?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:17:08 am »

You can limit it to only have a certain number of tracks by an artist, but there's no way to ensure spacing of an artist other than a shuffle.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Rule/Modifyer to Limit Artist Proximity?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 10:16:37 am »

Ok, thanks.

Do you think this would be a reasonable feature request to have a generic proximity limiter?  I have a lot of problems with getting artists for whom I have a lot of highly rated tracks playing close to one another.  Since I'm not limiting the playlists to a certain number of tracks, limiting the artist would not really be the greatest compromise.  Perhaps Mix could reduce the problem, but still not ideal.  Seems like there would be a lot of other great reasons to limit the proximity of many different parameters, such as album, decade, genre, etc.  This also seems like it would have positive implications for photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up