INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD - No sound  (Read 2589 times)

howiec721

• Recent member
DVD - No sound
« on: November 18, 2008, 08:58:58 pm »

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but when I play a DVD in Windows Vista, it doesn't have any sound.  When I play it in Windows Media players it does.  Doesn't anyone know the solution?

Thanks,

Howard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DVD - No sound
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:25:24 pm »

Use Options > Playback > DVD >Audio to try different audio decoders.

You can also select the exact sound card / line from this same area.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

howiec721

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:08:06 am »

I have tried changing the settings but there is still no sound.  The DSP decoder it says is only available for playing audio tracks.

charris

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:18:44 pm »

I have the same problem - But for me, it was working fine before I installed the new Intervideo WinDVD 9 program on my PC.  I suspect it has something to do with this. Now I just can't make the DVD sound work in MC12, the sound works fine for songs, just not when I play a DVD in MC12.  When I play a DVD outside of MC12 it works fine. Any suggestions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:47:37 am »

I have the same problem - But for me, it was working fine before I installed the new Intervideo WinDVD 9 program on my PC.  I suspect it has something to do with this. Now I just can't make the DVD sound work in MC12, the sound works fine for songs, just not when I play a DVD in MC12.  When I play a DVD outside of MC12 it works fine. Any suggestions?

Try selecting a different audio decoding in DVD options.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 08:50:34 am »

I have tried changing the settings but there is still no sound.  The DSP decoder it says is only available for playing audio tracks.

Some combination of audio renderer and audio decoder should work, since we use installed filters just like WMP.

Since you mentioned Vista, also make sure you've set the video renderer to "EVR".

Let us know what you find.  Sorry this is so tricky -- if we figure out what fixes it for you, we may be able to build it into the program for the next users.

charris

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:58:14 am »

Thanks Matt -  I have tried all the DVD Audio decoders listed, but still nothing. I must have blown out or over written a decoder when I installed InterVideo's WinDVD 9?  I'm going to try to install CCCP and see what happens.  I will let everyone know when I find the solution.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 11:15:30 am »

Thanks Matt -  I have tried all the DVD Audio decoders listed, but still nothing. I must have blown out or over written a decoder when I installed InterVideo's WinDVD 9?  I'm going to try to install CCCP and see what happens.  I will let everyone know when I find the solution.

Remember to also try picking the audio renderer that matches the soundcard and soundcard line you're trying to talk to.

charris

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 06:58:24 pm »

Solution -  I installed CCCP ( http://www.cccp-project.net ).  Removed Media Center 12 completely from PC.  Rebooted and reinstalled Media Center 12.  Sound works with DVD and all looks good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up