INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong code page for accents?  (Read 2261 times)

sle118

• Junior Woodchuck
Wrong code page for accents?
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:40:15 am »

I live in Montreal, Canada and many of the CD albums I buy are in French. Of course, accents are all over the place: album title, artists, track names.

The problem is that when an album is found in YADB and has accents 'somewhere', the info has wrong characters instead of accents.

For example, album 'La Ligne Orange' From 'Mes Aïeux' track number 1. It comes out as 'Le Dホni De L'ホvidence' but should be 'Le Déni De L'évidence'.

Am I missing a code page setting somewhere?

Tank you for helping!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Wrong code page for accents?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 04:21:33 pm »

This isn't a known problem.  It should work properly.

sle118

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 04:45:27 pm »

This isn't a known problem.  It should work properly.
I swear this isn't working for me.

So how would I troubleshoot this? Is it possible to query YADB directly and get the result for album 'La Ligne Orange' From 'Mes Aïeux' track number 1? 

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 05:00:49 pm »

I swear this isn't working for me.

So how would I troubleshoot this? Is it possible to query YADB directly and get the result for album 'La Ligne Orange' From 'Mes Aïeux' track number 1? 

i have seen the same especially with some music from turkey and chechy (sp?). seeing some other data i always thought it were some leftovers from an older system, but that was just my guess/thought. changing the data in the edit window before you rip them could make sure that the data will be better for the ones to come after us.

:)
gab

sle118

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 06:03:47 pm »

i have seen the same especially with some music from turkey and chechy (sp?). seeing some other data i always thought it were some leftovers from an older system, but that was just my guess/thought. changing the data in the edit window before you rip them could make sure that the data will be better for the ones to come after us.

:)
gab

An older system would not be the problem here. The album I am referring to was released a couple of weeks ago.

I am a senior developer and I did a number of interfaces that were used across the globe (for example China). We use Unicode and when the codepage is wrong, special characters get messed up.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 11:49:09 am »

It looks to be in the DB correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up