INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normalize on sync to portable  (Read 1562 times)

pillshovel

• Junior Woodchuck
Normalize on sync to portable
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:50:36 am »

I'm sure there is an option somewhere that I am missing, because I know of other software that does this, but I can't figure it out.  When syncing to a MTP device (or MSC..mine works either way) that does not support ReplyGain, is there anyway to have the songs automatically normalized based on the ReplayGain tags?  Sorry, I'm a noob on Media Center, but I am loving it so far. 

As a side note, what are these "album" files that get tossed in with my music on sync?

pillshovel

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Normalize on sync to portable
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

Anybody?

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:37:12 pm »

I would love this feature but I don't think you can do this in MC 12. Maybe you'll be able to do it in 13.

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:15:19 pm »

Nope, can't be done in MC12 and as of yet I don't believe MC13 either.  I asked the same question a while back but who knows if and when something like this would make it in.  At the moment I use MC12 to sync the files I want to a virtual drive then use foobar (or mp3gain) to apply the replaygain info to the actual data then copy that to my flash drive.  I use my flash drive on my stereo in the car and it doesn't support replaygain on it's own.  It's a pain to have to do in many different steps what could easily be done on the fly by MC.  This is one feature I have been wanting for a very long time.  There are a lot of hardware players out there that don't support replaygain and I refuse to ever jump on that ipod bandwagon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up