INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really annoying intermittant UI issue... dropdowns disappearing  (Read 1390 times)

zuiko

• Recent member
Really annoying intermittant UI issue... dropdowns disappearing
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:57:56 pm »

Sometimes the drop down menus behave normally... where they stay open after you click on them. But other times the menus close after 1-3 seconds. Click again, same thing, click again, same thing. Eventually it fixes itself. When this is happening the menus are almost impossible to use. This is on 13.0.62.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Really annoying intermittant UI issue... dropdowns disappearing
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:19:39 pm »

It sounds like something is stealing the focus.  Anything running that might do this?  Try switching views, disabling third-party plugins, etc. until we find the cause.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 03:34:46 pm »

Sometimes the drop down menus behave normally... where they stay open after you click on them. But other times the menus close after 1-3 seconds. Click again, same thing, click again, same thing. Eventually it fixes itself. When this is happening the menus are almost impossible to use. This is on 13.0.62.
do you see those icons from cccp in your task bar, forgot which one  :(  (haali?). when you have some 'new' video files, it is very busy trying to get info when importing. i noticed then when you think it has settled, the next time you start up mc it gets busy again, though for a shorter time as before (still a lot of minutes, for a system with only 30 movies). and trying to use any menu is nearly imposiible in that time.

so just be patient.. a few times.. might settle in the end...

:)
gab

zuiko

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 03:57:12 pm »

The application has focus the entire time, but the importing functionality could be the key here. The last time I noticed this behavior, Media Center was importing files. I can't swear I have ever seen this behavior when it wasn't busy importing something.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 04:03:51 pm »

That still wouldn't cause that problem.

There was one of the DirectShow filters that opened a status message in the Windows taskbar every time it was used.  Haali?  Or FFDshow?  It has a setting to turn this off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up