INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inline Bitrate  (Read 1687 times)

fisherxc

Inline Bitrate
« on: November 22, 2008, 12:16:52 pm »

I set the recorder to record line-in at 192kb but the recordings all come out 320.  I'm sure I'm doing this in the right dialog box - I get there thru the 'options' box on the recorder screen.  And I've double checked it thru the main options screen/sound recorder/encoding.  Is there a way to get the bitrate I want?

And once I'm posting, I should mention that the Auto Recording Volume test function always returns an error msg that device of range etc.  But the actual recording works fine altho you have to set the level by guesswork.  I saw the error documented in a post in 2005.  Is there a work-around?

Thanks for your help,

Stephen

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Inline Bitrate
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:42:43 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

We haven't heard the bitrate issue reported before, but let us take a closer look and get back to you.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fisherxc

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:14:08 pm »

Matt,

The file list in Windows Explorer displays 320 as bitrate, but since posting this I've done the math, and the file sizes are a bit small for 320.  It's possible that it's printing 320 to the file tag but compressing to 192.  Does that sound possible to you?

And btw. is there anything about why the Recording level test never works?

Stephen

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

The file list in Windows Explorer displays 320 as bitrate, but since posting this I've done the math, and the file sizes are a bit small for 320.  It's possible that it's printing 320 to the file tag but compressing to 192.  Does that sound possible to you?

Ah, I believe this is because Windows Explorer doesn't understand VBR files (silly Windows).  Media Center will display the correct bitrate.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:12:48 am »

I should mention that the Auto Recording Volume test function always returns an error msg that device of range etc.
Please post the exact text of the error message and I'll take a look at the problem, thanks.

John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up