INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Libraray View  (Read 1766 times)

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
Libraray View
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:12:47 pm »

I have asked this query before and it something i need answered in order for me to decide if an upgraded is need to media center 13. The feature that i would like to se is this.

Uriah heep

Very eavy, very umble              All songs from album

Salsbury                                All songs from album

Look at your self                     all Songs from album

Demons and wizards                 All songs from the album

And so on for each artist with large thumbnails to represents to album. Could someone at J river please tell me if this feature will ever be adopted. I would also like to know if anyone else would like to see this feature. it would help those who make the decision on what new feature to add.

Thank You

Steven Frank

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Libraray View
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:21:04 am »

What are you trying to illustrate? Some sort of album view of each artist? I belive it's more or less available today. You can sort with album view today. Though you will not get the artist first and the album of that artist underneath. You'll get "Album name by Artist" on each album. If you had the Artist first, and then 20 albums of that artist, there might be confusion of wich artist you're really on after you've scrolled through 15 albums. A way of setting the context you're self would be really good though. I never use it because I can't get "Artist - Album name". It's just more logical for me.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 02:12:47 am »

I am aware of mthe feature that you refer to, but that looks to similar to Media Center 12, so why upgrade. What I want would be perfect, at least for me.

Steven F

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:03 am »

A way of setting the context you're self would be really good though. I never use it because I can't get "Artist - Album name". It's just more logical for me.

Remember, you can always add your own calculated fields to the library to use for grouping. Fields I create for this purpose are always named starting with vs-group- which serves to keep them together in the field manager list, and lets me know at a glance what that fields' purpose is. Creating a calculated field using the string:
[album artist (auto)] if(isempty([date]),,-/ [date]/ )- [album]
and then grouping by that field will give you a chronological list of artists albums. Albums without dates will be listed at the end of each artist's albums:

-marko

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 04:49:08 pm »

Thanks for the info marko. I'll try it out later.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 10:33:30 pm »

As Will I, though to be honest, the easiest method would be to show each individual album under artist. Thanks for the work though.

Steven
Pages: [1]   Go Up