INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIXED: Correct handling of ISOs in TheaterView  (Read 1319 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
FIXED: Correct handling of ISOs in TheaterView
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:02:37 pm »

There have been a few threads regarding ISO mounting, playback and the inability to include these files in TheaterView's View Schemes.  With the addition of the new assignable "Playback Method" by File Type all the ISO problems are solved.

1) Change how MC13 handles launching ISO's:  Tools --> Options --> File Types.  Scroll down to the "Data" Section, Select "Disk Image Files" and change the Playback Method to "External Program (default)

2) Tag your ISO Files:  Now with your ISO's ensure that the "Media Type" Library Field is set to the View Scheme you want (mostly Video but could be Audio if you ISO your CD's) for each file.  Assign Coverart as normal and away you go, all your ISO's now apear in the correct area of TheaterView and will Mount, Launch and Play just as you would expect.

Thanks to the JR Team!
Nathan

PS - this assumes you already have your ISO mounter setup and working correctly

EDIT - Updated the Wiki http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DVD_Library_in_Media_Center#ISO_file_in_MC13
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: FIXED: Correct handling of ISOs in TheaterView
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:44 am »

Thanks for the documentation, Nathan.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: FIXED: Correct handling of ISOs in TheaterView
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:39:09 am »

This is great news. We can also skip a 'mounter' per se if you set VLC player as the application to launch DVD ISOs. I don't personally do this, but it's an option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up