INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitrate on Media Jukebox.  (Read 1329 times)

marc1961be

• Recent member
Bitrate on Media Jukebox.
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:07:02 am »

Hello,

When I do an audio analysis of a MP3 file with Media Jukebox on the bitrate, I get very often a result which is different from that reported the properties of this MP3 file by Windows.
As against, the result is very close to this of MediaInfo.
For example, when Windows announces 128 kbps, Media Jukebox offers 74 kbps.
Why these differences?
How to replace in the tags, the information read by Windows Media by the result calculated by Média Jukebox ?
Thank you in advance
marc
Acer TravelMate 3012 DuoCore T2300 1,66 Ghz - 1 Gb - Hdd 100Gb - External Hdd 500Gb - Media Jukebox 12

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Bitrate on Media Jukebox.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 09:09:19 am »

Windows can't read VBR files correctly. I think it only shows the bitrate of the first frame of the MP3 file.

Do you really need to see the bitrates inside Windows Explorer? If your VBR MP3 files have correct Xing headers you can trust the information that MJ provides (Xing header is the de facto standard for VBR MP3 files).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marc1961be

• Recent member
Re: Bitrate on Media Jukebox.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:16 am »

Windows can't read VBR files correctly. I think it only shows the bitrate of the first frame of the MP3 file.

Do you really need to see the bitrates inside Windows Explorer? If your VBR MP3 files have correct Xing headers you can trust the information that MJ provides (Xing header is the de facto standard for VBR MP3 files).

You have right, i don't need to see this information with Windows explorer.
What is more important is that i can trust the bitrate information on Media Jukebox 12.
I just wondered me what was correct ... on windows or on Media Jukebox. With your answer, i know now that Media Jukebox gives better bitrate information than Windows.

Thank you

Marc
Acer TravelMate 3012 DuoCore T2300 1,66 Ghz - 1 Gb - Hdd 100Gb - External Hdd 500Gb - Media Jukebox 12
Pages: [1]   Go Up