INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert Format Failing  (Read 1282 times)

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
Convert Format Failing
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:01:23 pm »

I tried converting some MP4 files to FLAC because FLAC is natively supported by MC. In MC12, works like a charm. In MC13, I receive an error message that says "Please ensure that your file exists, and are of a supported audio format." The file plays fine in MC13, but doesn't convert. Is this a configuration error?  And a minor quibble, I don't think a comma belongs between "exists" and "and."

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Convert Format Failing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:27:21 pm »

Your MC versions may be configured differently.

I think this thread could help: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49167.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jquillen

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:50:27 pm »

I have the same problem, and receive the same message when converting FLAC to MP3.  This has worked flawlessly in MC12 for two years.  So, for now, when I need to convert FLAC, I stop MC13, bring up MC12, do the conversion, and then go back to MC13. 

Jack

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:06:58 pm »

I have the same problem, and receive the same message when converting FLAC to MP3.  This has worked flawlessly in MC12 for two years.  So, for now, when I need to convert FLAC, I stop MC13, bring up MC12, do the conversion, and then go back to MC13. 
I tried what Alex said with no luck. I setup the screen to look exactly like he said and pursued a solution down two paths:
1. Setup my screen the way Alex had with the addition of configuring MP4 files. (My audio files have MP4 extensions.) Failed.
2. Rename the MP4 to M4A and configure to exactly like Alex had. MC refuses to import the file. Failure.

This is more than a simple conversion problem. It affects my burn to CD where all my audio formats are converted to MP3. MP4 conversions fail and the disc is not what I wanted.

MC Request: When playing back an audio format fails, MC should perform some self-diagnostics and give some real direction into fixing the problem if it can't auto-repair it. Another option is to have a file format support setup wizard that walks through setting up support for a file format. It would of course have a page that automatically tests playback and conversion.

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 04:03:37 pm »

Here are screenshots of my configuration screen. Anything out of place?

MC 12

MC 13 Screen 1

MC 13 Screen 2

MC 13 Screen 3

Pages: [1]   Go Up