INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last view at Startup  (Read 2288 times)

pierre.goyette

• Recent member
Last view at Startup
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:09:28 pm »

Is there a way to get Media Center to startup with the last view that I closed it?

For example, if I close MC12 playing a song in a certain album, I'd like MC12 to startup with the tree on the left opened to the same place and the view in the main window opened to the same item (whatever last had focus). Basically, open up all the windows to the same layout they had when the program was closed.

TIA,

Pierre

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Last view at Startup
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:41:28 pm »

Options > Startup > Last Location
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pierre.goyette

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:49:24 pm »

Matt,

Thanks. The feature almost works. There appears to be a bug.

If I open an Artist/Album under 'Artist/Album', it re-opens the window to the correct item.  But, if the main window has more thana  pagefull of data, it appears to leave you at the top. Example: On the left, I was in "Artist/Album", "All(###)". On the right, my files were sorted by "Name" and I left it at the first item starting with "H". When I re-opened MC12, the main window was at the top and not where I left it.  MC12 should remember the item which was selected and bring that into view or simply remember what the first element in the list which was viewable.

Hoping that this can be fixed...

Pierre

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 05:03:47 pm »

If I open an Artist/Album under 'Artist/Album', it re-opens the window to the correct item.  But, if the main window has more thana  pagefull of data, it appears to leave you at the top. Example: On the left, I was in "Artist/Album", "All(###)". On the right, my files were sorted by "Name" and I left it at the first item starting with "H". When I re-opened MC12, the main window was at the top and not where I left it.  MC12 should remember the item which was selected and bring that into view or simply remember what the first element in the list which was viewable.

Scroll position and selection are temporary view state settings, and intentionally reset when loading a view. (unless you load the view using the back / forward commands).  Media Center works much like a web browser in this regard.

You might consider minimizing and restoring if you want nothing changed.  Media Center unloads the skin and database on minimize so that it has a tiny footprint.

pierre.goyette

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 05:17:09 pm »

1) If that's the way it is designed, then I'd request a feature to have it remember.

2) There are a number of applications out there which *do* remember scroll position and selection. Web browser's don't remember when you save a web page but they do remember when you go "Back" to another page.

It is possible and very easy to implement. Minimizing is fine until the O/S decides to install some new patches and reboot.

Pierre

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:20:39 pm »

Web browser's don't remember when you save a web page but they do remember when you go "Back" to another page.

This is how Media Center works now, but your feature request is noted.

Thanks.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 08:55:06 am »

Thanks I was looking for this too
Pages: [1]   Go Up