INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 Request: Right-Click Select <?> Feature  (Read 1131 times)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
MC13 Request: Right-Click Select <?> Feature
« on: November 26, 2008, 06:38:09 am »

How about a right-click option in track listings (anywhere like Playing Now, Playlists, Audio...any where you can see tracks) and a Select->Album or Select->Artist or Select-><any visible column> option???

Often I want to just select a particular album or artist in a list that has multiple albums/artists and I have to do click to select the first track and navigate to the last track and Shift click to select the range of tracks (or lots of Ctrl clicks if not in order).  This task gets more cumbersome if the list of tracks is not sorted in the order I want to select the tracks (like randomized lists).  If there was a feature that let me right-click on a track and choose Select-><by any column name> for the currently clicked tracked that would be nice (easier for sure).

Thoughts?

kewe65

• World Citizen
Re: MC13 Request: Right-Click Select <?> Feature
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:06:57 pm »

You can do this by right-click > Locate > Album (or Artist, Genre, Rating and Advanced for the rest of the fields - standard and custom).  This will work without having to select all the songs for the album in any of the lists. 

My 'right-click' request is to be able to filter immediately by the item you are right-clicking on.  So, if i right-click on a particular song, and select a new item called "Filter By", i would create a filter for all versions of that song.  And i should be able do that on any field item I right-click on....

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC13 Request: Right-Click Select <?> Feature
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:23:10 am »

You can do this by right-click > Locate > Album (or Artist, Genre, Rating and Advanced for the rest of the fields - standard and custom).  This will work without having to select all the songs for the album in any of the lists. 

My 'right-click' request is to be able to filter immediately by the item you are right-clicking on.  So, if i right-click on a particular song, and select a new item called "Filter By", i would create a filter for all versions of that song.  And i should be able do that on any field item I right-click on....

You missed my point.  I don't want to update/change the display or I may want to remove a specific set of tracks from the current playlist or drag a set of tracks to somewhere else that are currently displayed in some playlist (reasons can go on-and-on).  Doing a locate is something complete different (not the task I'm looking to do).  Plus, what if the tracks are not imported in to MC?  Locate is of no use because they are not in the MC library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up