INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wierd Thumbnail [still there] and Analyzing Issue [fixed]  (Read 1109 times)

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Wierd Thumbnail [still there] and Analyzing Issue [fixed]
« on: November 27, 2008, 09:45:24 pm »

I have a large (multiple artist) album with 500 songs in it. I was aware of some previous issues with thumbnails where pasting from clipboard caused some problems... so I saved the image as a [jpg] in the directory. I then selected all of the tracks and did a 'find in cover art directory'. This worked for tracks 100 to 500 but for 1 to 99 I get the broken thumb icon. I noticed as they were processing that the thumbs for these tracks briefly appeared and then the broken thumb icon appeared.

On a different, but related issue... MC will not allow the same tracks to be analyzed. The other tracks analyze fine but I get the 'Only audio files on a local drive...' message if I try to analyze the first 99 tracks. All files are [m4a] and I'm using dcBass to play and tag them.
Correction....none of the files will analyze!

Does anyone have any suggestions, or is this just a bug that I need to wait for something else to be fixed?

Media Center 13.0.78 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Pentium III 1828 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1027 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: Optiarc  DVD+-RW AD-7640S   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive M: NoteBurn Virtual_CD-RW      Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Re: Wierd Thumbnail and Analyzing Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:26 pm »

Ok, this is too weird. I deleted all of the tracks from my library and re-imported them. Now the thumbs are all there. Unfortunately, I still can not analyze any of the songs.

I noticed something else, though. I have my audio media customized to also include image files. I do this so that I can drag and drop images into the albums when importing so that the tags are automatically set to the artist/album. I noticed, however, that for any album in the '(multiple artists)' group that MC will not display image files, nor can I drag and drop imported image files from my recently imported playlist.

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Re: Wierd Thumbnail and Analyzing Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 10:40:04 pm »

First off, sorry for having to respond twice (to my own post!). I've solved the analyzing issue by changing the file type playback method from 'automatic' to 'JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filter)'. I had forgotten to change this back after playing around with some [aac] files.

The thumbnail thing is still weird as is the image file dragging to the album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up