INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackberry Storm Files and pathing  (Read 3444 times)

raghe3ad

Blackberry Storm Files and pathing
« on: November 28, 2008, 02:31:07 pm »

Hey guys,

I've been using JRiver for my sony walkman and love it!

But i just purchased a Blackberry Storm and I'm wondering If anyone knows how to type in the correct pathing under device settings for the storm.

Thanks in advance

jeroen020

• Recent member
Re: Blackberry Storm Files and pathing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:47:17 am »

I just put everything under \Music on the Micro SD card, and then create and populate Artist and Album directories, e.g.
\Music\Artist\Album

The Storm notices the new files automatically and they show up according to how you tagged and playlisted them. Coming from an Iphone this is great and all that I need - no more cumbersome exports to Itunes but sync straight from MC!!!

I did notice after a sync that the files on the Storm seemed to have gotten weird bitrate tags (64000 kbps) so on connecting again it would re-sync those files even though they were already on the phone.

I can't test anymore because after just two days my BB Storm died on me, it's just a blinking red light now and no method of (re)booting I tried did the trick.

Maybe I'll have to try an Android phone...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:09:28 am »

I looked at the G1 (Android) that T-Mobile offers yesterday.  Nice package.  A lot to like.  The salesman says that they mount as a drive, so you should be able to sync it with MC.  We will definitely work to support as many of the Android phones as we can. 

raghe3ad

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 04:23:58 pm »

thanks for the input.

sorry i guess my first post was unclear.

I've already synced the blackberry using J river, It's just I need to know how to type the correct pathing  into the settings.

the music needs to be transerfed something like this:

blackberry/my music/album/artist/track

you know what I mean? I just need to know exactly what to type in.

I can make it so it has no pathing and what happens is that the music gets transferred and than I use the blackberry software to copy it into the correct folder.  I would just like to be able to use J river to do it all together.

raghe3ad

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:38:35 pm »

so does anyone know?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:09 pm »

If you can see the device as a drive from Windows Explorer, just experiment until you get it.

For example, try a path of \music and see whether the device finds the music after the sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up