INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refining Theater View's search function  (Read 1188 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Refining Theater View's search function
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:39:25 pm »

Hi guys.

I often need to search in Theater View (for the same reasons I do in Standard View). There's some obvious limitations with the current search function though and I think these two suggestions would help enormously:

1. Unify the 3 seperate Audio/Images/Video search options and move it to the main menu.
2. Utilise the same on-screen keyboard for these searches as the one introduced recently for tags and saving playlists.

I think this really belongs on the main menu as it should be possible to search your entire library from one spot - rather than jumping in and out of views for this. The new OSK is excellent and seems as though it should be flexible enough to provide options for entering search criteria and displaying the results too. The OSK that pops up in the left-hand-side nav frame looks odd in comparison, is too small (with half of it missing at certain resolutions/font sizes) and too difficult to use with a remote control.

Both these things would be awesome!

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Refining Theater View's search function
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 07:09:44 pm »

Oh yeah, and part of my motivation for all this is to be able to hide the left-hand-side nav frame in Theater View as I don't use it for ANYTHING aside from the Search button  ;)
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 03:16:10 pm »

Oh yeah, and part of my motivation for all this is to be able to hide the left-hand-side nav frame in Theater View as I don't use it for ANYTHING aside from the Search button  ;)
i actually think it is a nice idea. but just in case it does not come through and the nesting is restored i added a small part to my Theater View skin thread how to get this anyway.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44416.msg338286#msg338286

:)
gab

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 04:02:36 am »

Hey gab, thanks for the tip!  It doesn't really address the main problems with this but I applaude your way of thinking  :)

Cheers!
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up