INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.82 Beta -- Download Here  (Read 7246 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.82 Beta -- Download Here
« on: November 30, 2008, 08:48:16 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130082.exe

13.0.82 (11/26/2008)

1. Fixed: New TV recording was unintentionally commented out.
2. Fixed: Closing Theater View with the new "Close" command could leave the program running.

13.0.81 (11/26/2008)

1. Fixed: Sizing a column didn't update the horizontal scrollbar.
2. NEW: The Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog is sizable, and saves its last position.
3. Fixed: The column header in a list could draw on top of the right border when the list scrolled horizontally.
4. NEW: Added ability to close Media Center to Theater View exit command.
5. Fixed: In some cases, an unselected tab could "bleed through" to the active tab, like at the end of a handheld transfer. (thanks to Marko for repro steps)
6. Fixed: In Theater View, scrolling down the image list, playing an image, then returning to Theater View would not preserve the scroll and selection.
7. Fixed: Doing multi-select in the panes could update more panes than necessary, or reset previously selected panes to an "All" selection.
8. Fixed: Alt+Space to show the system menu on Vista could show a corrupted menu in some cases.
9. Fixed: When entering fullscreen display view, the focus would not be given to the display, causing some keyboard shortcuts to fail to work.
10. NEW: New TV recording system with multiple tuner support is working (but still has some rough edges).
11. Fixed: With logging enabled, connecting a Nano 4G could cause a crash.

13.0.80 (11/24/2008)

1. NEW: Added new interface for scheduling TV recordings & subscriptions. (under construction: configuration is possible, but the system does not yet perform the actual recording)
2. Fixed: MC crashed when attempted to play an .rm file with a bad installation of RealPlayer.
3. Changed: In Options -> File Types, more playback methods are available for file types "Windows Media (asx,asf,wm)" and "RealMedia (rm,rp,rmm,rmx,smi,smil,rmj)" under "Other" category.
4. Changed: Added "RealPlayer Engine" as one of the playback methods selectable from File Types options.
5. Fixed: Updated core message routing system of JRiver user interface components. (should be internal change, but please report any issues)
6. Fixed: Updated how FLAC tagging writes the date field to be more compatible with other programs (also fixed in build 79).
7. Changed: Loading TV programming guide information from XMLTV didn't update the "last refreshed" display at the bottom of the screen.

13.0.79 (11/19/2008)

1. Fixed: The confirmation message box for overriding TV channel being recorded by Media Scheduler did not cover all TV channel launch paths.
2. NEW: Revised the EPG loading system to be more wizard-like, and added better support for mc2xml.exe.
3. Changed: Made settings available for "MPEG Transport Video (m2t,m2ts,tp,ts)" independent from standard MPEG videos.
4. Changed: Separated AAC into "AAC Audio (m4a,aac)" and "iTunes Protected Audio (m4p,m4b)" file type settings.
5. Fixed: If a user manually configured Media Center to play a file type with an external program, files of that type would be imported as data files.
6. Fixed: When adding and removing library view categories, the "View As" selection could change.
7. Fixed: Doing a right-click "Locate" wouldn't work properly when switching to a 3D Albums view.
8. NEW: Added several more stock saved views that appear when doing "Add Library View".
9. Fixed: Documents view would not automatically show up after importing data files.
10. NEW: When dropping files into the player into an area that doesn't do special handling, the command "Import" has been added to the list of playback choices.
11. Fixed: MC created multiple TV controls in the same zone. This could be the cause of several reported TV problems.
12. Fixed: TV control reference count problem.
13. Optimized: ATSC TV channel scanning runs more efficiently.
14. Fixed: Lossless JPEG rotation would fail (only applies to last few builds).
15. Fixed: Possible crash in threaded Podcast parsing.

13.0.78 (11/18/2008)

1. Fixed: 2D visualizations could crash when drawing vertical oscilloscopes in rare cases.
2. Fixed: Inserting a column wouldn't update the list right away.
3. Fixed: If a combobox was destroyed while it was showing it's drop list, it could crash.
4. Fixed: CD playback wasn't working.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 13.0.82 Beta -- Download Here
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:27 am »

10. NEW: New TV recording system with multiple tuner support is working (but still has some rough edges).
Please see this thread for more details.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 09:21:13 am »

4. NEW: Added ability to close Media Center to Theater View exit command.

Could you add a way to refresh the MC database that appears ONLY if the user is using a read-only database?  Since I read-only use the server's database on all my HTPCs, I need to reload the database from time to time as I add new content.  Ideally, this action could save any bookmarks left from content.  If I restart on my own they all get lost.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 06:54:58 pm »

8. Fixed: Alt+Space to show the system menu on Vista could show a corrupted menu in some cases.

cheers, seems to be working now :)

clicking and dragging a file in a playlist no longer seems to draw the line to show where it's going to be placed properly.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 02:38:27 am »

Hey Guys,

Still having the same crash problems with TV section.

> Crashing on completion of scan
> Crashing on select "Audio" in options
> Also, it's now only picking up one of the tuners on my card (a random one each time I open the program) and
> If I reset the TV settings, then choose the DVB T option, it sometimes freezes then too.
Edit:
> Completely freezes program when scheduled recording starts and doesn't record.

Have gone back to 78 for now.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 09:43:03 am »

Reminder of this one:

Quote from: eba
In Images, I have the panes: People, Occasion

I have the view set to People Thumbnails.

I then double click on a People group, to see all occasions involving those people.
This works, except some occasions involving other people are also included.
It seems to include all photos of people who are ever marked as being in any of the photos of the people I have selected.

For example:
I have 20 photos of Family, 20 photos of Friends, and 20 photos of Martians.
I have one photo which has Family and Friends in it, so the People tag is Family;Friends.
When I select Family, it'll show me all 40 Family and Friends photos, but not any Martians.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 08:52:16 am »

ANALYSE AUDIO :

After one hundred or so files, MC13 crashes !!!!  :-[ :-X :-\

Please fix it ! ::)

Thanks.

Jean-Marc

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:33:04 am »

ANALYSE AUDIO :

After one hundred or so files, MC13 crashes !!!!  :-[ :-X :-\

Please fix it ! ::)

Thanks.

Jean-Marc

Please send a log file showing the crash to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
User field data type always reset after restart
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 01:13:57 pm »

I use a field called MOOD which I use since MC9. It's data type is list separated, edit type is standard.

With every start of MC13 this field is set to data type "text". After changing it to list separated this remains for the current session but after restarting it is reset to text.

j.stream

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »

The field image [large tumbnails] doesn't work in this build.

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 06:56:39 pm »

Importing m4a files bug:

If I attempt to import m4a tracks and the artist/album does not exist, MC reports in the 'recently imported' playlist that the files were imported. However, the files are nowhere to be found in 'audio'. Also, the bitrate and duration fields are blank when the files are viewed in 'recently imported'.

If I first import the same tracks, but in flac format, and then import the same tracks in m4a format the files import fine. I can then go back and delete the flac files and the m4a files remain in my library. I think there may be a bug for this file type when a new folder or artist/album needs to be created.

Media Center 13.0.82 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Pentium III 1633 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 880 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: Optiarc  DVD+-RW AD-7640S   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive M: NoteBurn Virtual_CD-RW      Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 12:27:50 pm »

The "Set rules for file display" still doesn't remember the "Sort by" rules.
thx

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 01:03:36 pm »

Can't add new library view.  Right click "Audio"......"Add Library View"......"OK"......nothing happens.  Same with images or video.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 03:30:39 pm »

The upgrade system is not copying all the setup parameters, so you
end up having to redoing them.

Skylar

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 04:48:40 pm »

MC 13.0.82 crashes when setting up library views.

First of all: the new features in this area are great - even if things don't work 100% yet.

In advance I'd like to address a general performance issues with this. I am talking about customizing library views - the dialog called "Customize View".
1. the real time adjustments with each change are nice but definitely to slow for large databases. Why don't you just add a button "Apply" that triggers the adjustment whith the current dialog remaining open.
When adding or removing a category it always takes some seconds for each entry. This is very annoying.
2. Multi-Select of field categories (CTRL) would be better when removing.
3. Deleting field categories take quite a long time until MC shows reaction again.

And - the crash situation:
Initially, I have some field categories chosen.
Then, I say preset <empty>, because I don't want to delete each entry one by one.
Then, I try to create a new field category - MC crashes!

It's reproducable.

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Sorting in library view not working
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 05:43:38 pm »

The sorting of fields seems to work not properly in view customizing.

I have a view with Top section "Group thumnails" (Group is a user field). I sort by group - this works fine.

In the botton section I choose custom sort and choose another user field to be sorted by - this does not work. After pressing OK and clicking on the header of column to be sorted the sorting works. As soon as I leave the view and come back the sort is destroyed again (I have the option "save changes on list header clicks" activated).

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Incorrect Sorting when Detail List is "Grouped by" Album
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »

When "Grouped by" Album is selected for the Details view of a list, the sort order does not work properly.
In other words, they are showing up in some random order.

Here is an example situation:  My default "detail view" sort order is 1-Artist, 2-Year, 3-Album, 4-Track.

When I apply the "Group By - Album" setting with the "Customize View" screen, the Albums/thumbnails then show up in some random order!!  What I would expect (and like) to see is that my original sort order would be preserved and that the albums would show up "grouped and sorted" by 1-Artist and 2-Year and then the Tracks of course sorted within each album "group" - just as I had originally specified!  This way I could scroll down the list and see the nice large album thumbnail for each album (sorted by the original sort order! - or however one would like to specify it).

Please fix/implement this or let me know if I'm missing something here!  Thanks -JT
Pages: [1]   Go Up