INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with search phrase.  (Read 973 times)

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
Help with search phrase.
« on: December 01, 2008, 12:05:26 am »

Hi all,

I have noticed that I have a number of compilation albums that are split up into their respective artist folders.

IE. Now 31 - Backstreet Boys - Some Tune.mp3 is in the Backstreet Boys folder then there is a single song in a Now 31 Folder.

It is supposed to be Assorted\Now 31\Backstreet Boys - Some Tune.mp3

So I am looking for a search string that can show only these wrongly filed tracks.

Is this possible? Any Ideas?

Simon.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with search phrase.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:02:13 am »

With the information you have provided, the following should work:

1. Make a smartlist that uses the following rule: [media type]=audio ~dup=[album],[filename (path)]
This should return all tracks that share the same album, and have all album tracks in the same folders.

2. Make another smartlist using the following rule: [media type]=audio playlist is not any the playlist you made in step 1
You will need to use the wizard for this smartlist rule in order to get the playlist exclusion correctly. This should give you the files you are looking for. ie. all files that share the same album but are stored in different locations.

==========

Once you have identified albums such as your "Now 31" album, select the files and set the [album artist] field for those tracks to (Multiple Artists) (with the brackets) and then, when you use the rename move and copy files tool to correct the file paths, it will correctly treat them as multiple artist albums and file them under "Assorted"
This thread, while old, still applies today and should help you to understand the advice offered above.

If any of the steps are unclear, or if you have any other questions, just shout. :)

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up