INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separating hidden tracks  (Read 2154 times)

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
Separating hidden tracks
« on: December 02, 2008, 09:19:04 am »

Do any of you separate hidden tracks into new files instead of leaving them the way they are ripped? Suggestions on the best way to do this with MC? Any disadvantages to doing it?

I have never worked with the Media Editor, but I was thinking I could just duplicate the file, then open both copies in the media editor and crop one file to the first song and crop the duplicate file to the second song and then resave and rename them both. Will this degrade the quality of MP3 files?

Any other thoughts? I'm thinking of doing it as a weekend project but want to make sure I've fully thought it through.
Sue

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Separating hidden tracks
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:24:05 pm »

I have never worked with the Media Editor, but I was thinking I could just duplicate the file, then open both copies in the media editor and crop one file to the first song and crop the duplicate file to the second song and then resave and rename them both. Will this degrade the quality of MP3 files?

Editing mp3 files in Media Editor WILL degrade the audio quality.

I would try searching for a mp3 splitter on google.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »

Thanks, I wasn't sure if cropping in Media Editor would cause them to be re-encoded. I have found a couple that can do lossless MP3 trimming--MPTrim and Audacity. I will use one of those instead.
Sue

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:19:44 pm »

Can anyone tell me how to put post a screen shot. I wanted to demonstrate what I was describing in a comment above. I pressed "print screen"  to copy it then tried to paste it but nothing happened.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 09:31:59 pm »

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/glossary/f/screenshot.htm

I would think you need to save it before you could add it to the forum. Some forums you can upload to directly, and others you have to link to the file from another picture hosting site. Not sure how it works here.
Sue

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 10:46:17 am »

I am obsessive about splitting out hidden tracks, I find the practice obnoxious in the first place.

The easiest app to use is mp3Directcut - http://www.mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html - free and easy to use. The visual editor makes spotting the breaks dead simple.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 10:20:12 pm »

Thanks for the mp3Directcut suggestion. That's what I ended up using, although it went haywire on me a few times. But I got the job done!
Sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up