INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is everything read only when connecting remotely  (Read 1235 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Why is everything read only when connecting remotely
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:14:19 am »

I'm a huge fan of your music player.  I have been using it since the release of version 11 and I love it.  As soon as 13 leaves beta I will be on the bandwagon to buy it.  But there are a few things that are such a pain.  I'm not sure if they are just with me but they are a pain. 

1. Library mode is only read only.  I can sort of understand the need to make it read only.  But I listen to music the most when I am away from my home computer.  I would love the option to rate the songs from a distance and have them reflected on my home system. 

2. When I load a library up remotely and try to edit file on my hard drive my the whole program becomes read only.  I do remote into my system a lot using the library server so I sometimes I forget when I am logged into it and when I am not.  But it's so annoying to be remoted in at home and then to go to Drives/Devices on my computer and make changes only to find out that those changes don't get saved because J. Rivers is in read only mode.  I would even almost settle for an option at the bottom saying "Read only" so I don't spend hours/hours reviewing music to find out that all my changes are gone. 

3. When in this readonly mode podcasts don't work.  I'm not sure why podcasts don't work but podcasts are available on the web.  If I am connected to my library at home I should be able to hear these podcasts from j. Rivers without having to choose another server. 

I know that these issues over all are minor.  But they seem to have a major influence on the program.  Even imlement these ideas in Version 13.  As I mentioned I will probably be buying it when it officially comes out. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up