INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media buttons for Logitech keyboard woes  (Read 2019 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Media buttons for Logitech keyboard woes
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:43:26 pm »

Hi! Three problems here:
1. I'm having trouble getting the seek function on a diNovo Mini to work with MC on a Vista machine. I've tried the players.ini changes described in the wiki and in the original topic without any success. Actually, most of the buttons worked without changing the ini file. I also tried using uberOptions, but that actually screwed more stuff up than fixed.

2. Volume. When you change volume on the keyboard, you actually change the master volume, not the active application. Is it possible to change that setting somewhere? Vista's excellent volume-per-application feature is too good to not use.

3. A minor thing: I would like to remap the Windows Media Center button to start MC. I could use uberOptions for that, but as stated in number 1, more trouble than gain.

Oh, by the way, I'm currently using mc12, not 13 yet, but it should work the same, right?
Thanks!
/Martin

Marty3d

Re: Media buttons for Logitech keyboard woes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 04:24:57 am »

Anyone? Please? :)

Marty3d

Re: Media buttons for Logitech keyboard woes
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 07:44:39 am »

So, I've tried uberoptions, but strange stuff happens. All of a sudden, the scroll wheel on my mouse is set to zoom and windows are stuck and the keyboard doesn't work. So I figured I'd take a look at user.xml. Does anyone have a knowledge about how to possibly change this to better match MC?
For example:
<Button Number="786611" Name="Seek Forward">
               <Param IconLoc="" Type=""/>
               <Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
                  <Param Button="786611" FirstRepeatDelay="400" RepeatDelay="400" Silent="0" Type="0"/>
                  <TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp" HandlerSet="MM FASTFORWARD">
                     <Handler Class="MMPlayer">
                        <Param Action="FASTFORWARD" OSDText="Seeking &gt;&gt;"/>
                     </Handler>
                  </TriggerState>
               </Trigger>
            </Button>

could be a place to start :)
Thanks!
/Martin

Pages: [1]   Go Up