INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are MC/MJ DSP effects so good ?  (Read 1701 times)

Gnostic

• Recent member
Why are MC/MJ DSP effects so good ?
« on: December 06, 2008, 08:12:30 pm »

I've used MJ/MC since version 4 (or whichever version was around in 1998) and the reason I continue to use it is very simple, the way it sounds.

Despite all the advanced features available, it is the DSP effects that keep me loyal. They were vital when I started out in PC audio, with rubbish desktop speakers, adding life and vibrancy to 128k MP3's.

However, what really impresses me is that even now, with the PC as my main Hi-Fi source played through some expensive audiophile equipment the MC DSP effects still cut the sonic mustard.

Most of my music is now in FLAC format and sent via MC to a high quality DAC. Even so I still, more often than not, listen with the MC DSP "recording studio effect" set to level one. It just brings me closer to the music.

Over the years I've tried more audio software and more attempts at  DSP effects than just about anything else. Some work to an extent, but always at the cost of increased distortion and other unpleasant digital artefacts. Not so JRiver.

So, what is the secret to JRiver's DSP brilliance ? Does anyone else find MC's DSP effects superior ?

Sorry for being a bit long winded, but I've been meaning to write something about this for, quite literally, years ! 

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why are MC/MJ DSP effects so good ?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:00:58 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I've always run flat. I'll give it a try.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why are MC/MJ DSP effects so good ?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 06:32:56 am »

I typically run flat too, with a little increase on the preamp slider...
Pages: [1]   Go Up