INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC Bug?  (Read 1330 times)

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
FLAC Bug?
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:02 pm »

I have a very weird problem just recently:  When converting WAV files to FLAC using the MC FLAC plugin, I can not play back these files in my Sonos System. This has always been possible and never had such problems before. Using the Flac-Tester, the files check as "ok" but something is odd.

Has the Flac Plugin been changed recently or with Beta 13 of MC ?

Many thanks for any clues

BBrip

nsteele

• Recent member
Re: FLAC Bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:17 pm »

I encountered the same thing when trying to read MC13-ripped FLAC files with my Escient Fireball. Not sure if the Sonos player works the same, but it likely does.  Try this:

Using another tag editor (not MC13), change the format of the "Year" field for each problematic FLAC file to be formatted as YYYY (i.e. "2008" or whatever it is for that file).  Then re-import into the Sonos if needed. There was a bug in 13 that wrote this field as MMDDYYYY.  They've addressed it now, but something is still is not quite right. I'm still having problems reading recent FLAC rips (post bug fix) with the Fireball but haven't sorted out what's causing it yet.  Anyway, this manual post rip fix should deal with it for now.  Search for my post & related threads on this a few weeks back for more info.

Nick Steele

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:21:17 am »

I did this, but that didnt fix it. The year field had the year corretly displayed in Tag&Rename. Nontheless, I deleted it and re-entered it, then re-imported into Sonos and rescanned the library.

But the error remains the same. "unsupported format"...

Ripped a CD in EAC to FLAC, works fine there, so it definitely seems to be a MC13 problem.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:19:48 am »

Found the problem. It's been a 24bit file - which Sonos does not support...

Pages: [1]   Go Up