INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - Multiple Disc DVDs  (Read 1620 times)

sfreema1

• Recent member
Theatre View - Multiple Disc DVDs
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:55:01 pm »

Hi All,

I've been looking around to see if anyone had a satifactory way of doing this, or if there already exists a way with MC do it natively. I have all of my DVDs stored locally and use MC in Theatre View on my TV for viewing. When browsing through my collection everything looks great except when it comes to Movie/Series with multiple discs. So, for example, if I was we were talking about the extended cut of any of The Lord of The Rings films, four discs would show up in succession on the interface for each of the three films.

Is there a function, or a way to build a custom view (I have Name and Disc # tags set) where these types of discs have a sub menu that pops up (like the current Play/Add/More/Select menu) that lets you select a particular disc from a multidisc collection?

So the logic would be: click on movie, dropdown appears with play command on it, highlight play, and then a flyout with Disc1, Disc2, etc. Select the disc you want and away you go.

Thanks!

Stu

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View - Multiple Disc DVDs
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »

Don't think you can do exactly what you want, but perhaps you could use certain fields to define your Multiple Disc sets in the same way some people define Movies, TV Series etc.

You might set your view up something like

Video Type - Movie, TV Series, Music Clip, Flash etc
Grouping (or relevant field) - Single Disc, Multiple Disc
Title
Disc #

Let me know if you need a hand setting this up.

sfreema1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:32:03 pm »

imugli,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand in essence what you are suggesting. I just need you to point me to the starting point and I should be able to figure it out from there.

Thanks so much

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 06:57:38 pm »

Create a custom Pane view in Videos, with the following categories. I'm not in front of my MC right now, so I'm winging it. Substitute field names for similar if necessary and if it goes wrong I'll update later today for you :-) 

Video Type
Grouping
Title
Disc #

You can add or remove categories by right clicking your mouse over the headings bar at the top.

In the file listing below, add the same fields by right clicking.

Edit the fields with the appropriate values. Once you edit one value, you'll see it appear in the category view above. You can then simply click on the file and select the category from above to edit that file (far quicker for Bulk Tagging).

Then, once you have created your tags, go to Tools > Options > Theater View > Items to show > Video > Edit.

In the Right side box, enter your categories and save it.

Let me know how you go :-)

sfreema1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:42:46 am »

You definitely pointed me in the right direction. I assigned Season, Series, and Disc # tags and only listed Series as the View. The ones with multiple discs show stacked, which is really a nice touch.

I was curious what the Grouping options were.

THanks so much again for your help!

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:24:46 am »

Glad to hear you got there  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up