INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Burning a Data DVD  (Read 1878 times)

timbuk2

• Recent member
Help Burning a Data DVD
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:07 pm »

I must be missing something, I selected all the songs in a current playing now window, dragged them down to a new playlist window in the bottom left of screen, clicked next, then burn.  Got one song and a playlist.m3u file. I'm trying to simply copy some of the MP3s to a DVD to play in DVD players.  Did I miss a simple step that I didn't see?

Thanks
Tim
MJB 12.0.49

timbuk2

• Recent member
Re: Help Burning a Data DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:46:48 am »

I finally got it to burn the entire DVD, but it wont play on any DVD player except my PC.  I used a DVD-R, so it should have closed out the session from what I could tell.
Had no problem burning regular CD's.
Tim

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:01:19 am »

When searching this forum and the help files to resolve my problem, I find hundreds of issues similar, but not the same.  I really like MJ, but I guess it's not too much trouble to open another program to burn a data DVD of MP3's.  Only problem is having to organize them in Windows Explorer instead of simply using a play list from within the program.
Unfortunate.
Thanks anyway
TIm

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 03:26:32 am »

MC/J's burning could definitley do with some polishing.
Erase DVD very rarely works I've found.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 05:37:40 am »

I finally got it to burn the entire DVD, but it wont play on any DVD player except my PC...

Can your DVD players play MP3 files from a DVD-R or DVD+R disc? Mine don't. They can play MP3 files, but only from CD-R and CD-RW discs. This used to be a known problem with most stand-alone multi-format DVD players, but maybe the newest players are better.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 10:30:04 am »

Mine will, plays from SD Cards too.  Unfortunatley not SDHC, which would have been the cherry on top!

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 12:39:14 am »

I've played MP3's from a DVD in my car and my portables as long as it is burnt with other programs other than MJB. I was just hoping that such a great Juke Box Program would allow me to do it all from here, but I'm tired of wasting DVD-Rs.
Tim

Can your DVD players play MP3 files from a DVD-R or DVD+R disc? Mine don't. They can play MP3 files, but only from CD-R and CD-RW discs. This used to be a known problem with most stand-alone multi-format DVD players, but maybe the newest players are better.

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 12:47:53 am »

Is the option to Decode directly to disc supposed to be checked?  I didn't think it would since all I want to do is burn Mp3;s to disc as Mp3s.  I can do this in any other program, but I must spend hours searching through my windows explorer to find all the songs on my playlist.  Does anyone not know why I cannot burn a DVD with this program and can with others?
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up