INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Display in Theater View  (Read 2060 times)

Dutch Peter

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Carpe Diem
No Display in Theater View
« on: December 18, 2008, 01:14:01 am »

In Theater View, also the new one I have been trying to switch of the bottum part of Playing Now.
In the Playing Now there is always something dsiplayed. It could be cover art, MC playing ping pong of pictures, etc, etc.
I have tried to disable it. Just to have nothing blocking the nice Theater View look that is hidden beyond this...
Is there a way to do this???

Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

gappie

Re: No Display in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 03:07:20 am »

to change it you have to change something in the code of the skin. it can be a bit different depending on the skin you would like to change. but i guess you want to change the new obsidian skin

i will try to explain also a bit on how it works..

first go to program files>jriver>fullskins
make a copy of the obsidian folder
and give this copy a new name..

in the new folder there is a file called main.xml. open it with notepad.
this file defines the look of the skin. in most skins you will find the layout of the different views.. but not in this skin.
in the second sentence you see the name of the skin (change this name also). and also the base skin adres...
this base skin is used for all the items needed for theaterview but not defined in the main xml.
now go to the shared folder in fullskins and open base2 xml with notepad. and copy the whole part that starts with < LAYOUT > and ends with < / LAYOUT >.
and paste this somewhere inside the main xml.

now look for the sentence       <Item Name="PIP" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="49.5%" Crop="1%" />
its in the layout of playing now... and throw that sentense away... save and close...

should work now with out.

just to be sure.. here is how the main xml should look after all this.. i called the new skin
obsidian PIPloos

Code: [Select]
<MJFS version="2.3">

<SKIN Name="Obsidian PIPloos" Author="Pixtudio" WebSite="http://www.pixtudio.com" BaseSkin="..\Shared\Base 2.xml" />

<LAYOUT>
<Layout Name="Root" Location="" >
<!-- Background area -->
<Item Name="ViewBackground" Placement="All" />

<!-- Overscan area -->
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Left" Size="[Overscan Left]" />
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Top" Size="[Overscan Top]" />
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Right" Size="[Overscan Right]" />
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Overscan Bottom]" />

<!-- Content area -->
<Item Name="RootRoller" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="CenterY" Size="[Extra Large Text Height] + [List Internal Margins Height]" />

<!-- Root text -->
<Item Name="RootTextBackground" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="All" />
<Item Name="" Base="RootTextBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="24" />
<Item Name="" Base="RootTextBackground" Placement="Left" Size="24" />
<Item Name="" Base="RootTextBackground" Placement="Right" Size="24" />
<Item Name="RootText" Base="RootTextBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Medium Text Height]" />
</Layout>
<Layout Name="Playing Now" Location="Playing Now\***" >
<!-- Background area -->

<!-- Overscan area -->
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Right" Size="[Overscan Right]" />
<Item Name="" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Overscan Bottom]" />

<!-- Content area -->
<Item Name="NavigationRoller" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Top" Size="[Large Text Height] + [Medium Text Height] + (2 * [List Internal Margins Height])" />
<Item Name="Titlebar" Base="NavigationRoller" Placement="Top" Size="[Large Text Height] + [List Internal Margins Height]" />
<Item Name="Statusbar" Base="ViewBackground" Condition="If(Statusbar, 1, 0)" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Medium Text Height] + 16" Crop="8" />

<Item Name="View" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="All" />
</Layout>
<Layout Name="Standard" Location="***" >
<!-- Background area -->

<!-- Overscan area -->

<!-- Content area -->
<Item Name="NavigationRoller" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Top" Size="[Large Text Height] + [Medium Text Height] + (2 * [List Internal Margins Height])" />
<Item Name="Titlebar" Base="NavigationRoller" Placement="Top" Size="[Large Text Height] + [List Internal Margins Height]" />
<Item Name="Search" Base="ViewBackground" Condition="If(Search, 1, 0)" Placement="Left" Size="30%" />
<Item Name="View" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="All" />
</Layout>
</LAYOUT>

<ANIMATION>
<Background Bitmap="..\Shared\Animation\Background.png" Alpha="100" Mode="2" />
</ANIMATION>

<BUTTONS>
<Data ButtonVerticalSpacing="0" Alignment="1" NoListAlignment="1" />
<Image Bitmap="Buttons\Button.png" Columns="15,?-Flex,15" Rows="15,?-Flex,15" InternalMargins="10,16,10,16" />
<Text TextColor="FFFFFF" SelectedTextColor="FFFFFF" Capitalization="0" />
</BUTTONS>

<LIST>
<Data />
<Image Bitmap="List\ThumbBackground.png" Columns="17,?-Flex,17" Rows="17,?-Flex,17" InternalMargins="15,15,15,15" />
<Text TextColor="FFFFFF" SelectedTextColor="FFFFFF" Capitalization="0"/>
<ListBackground Bitmap="List\ListBackground.png" Columns="17,?-Flex,17" Rows="17,?-Flex,17" InternalMargins="11,11,11,11" ShowSelectionInPlugin="1" />
<ListSelection Bitmap="List\ListSelection.png" Columns="11,?-Flex,11" Rows="11,?-Flex,11" />
<BackThumb Bitmap="List\BackThumb.png" />
<FolderThumb Bitmap="List\FolderThumb.png" />
<Check Bitmap="List\Check.png" ThumbRect="2,59.3,34,81.6" ListRect="95.2,0,100,100" Rows="2,?-Flex,4" Colums="2,?-Flex,3" />
<PlayOverlay Bitmap="List\PlayOverlay.png" ThumbRect="0,300,0,300" ListRect="98.5,0,100,100" />
</LIST>

<SEARCH>
  <Data LetterHorizontalSpacing="-15" />
  <Text TextColor="FFFFFF" SelectedTextColor="FFFFFF" />
  <LetterBackground Bitmap="Search\LetterBackground.png" Columns="11,?-Flex,11" Rows="11,?-Flex,11" InternalMargins="11,11,11,11" />
</SEARCH>

<PICTURE>
  <Item Bitmap="Pictures\ViewBackground.png" Location="***" Rect="ViewBackground\0,0,100,100" Alpha="90" Background="1" />
  <Item Bitmap="Pictures\LocationBackground.png" Location="***" Rect="Titlebar\0,0,100,100" Alignment="1" Alpha="40" Background="1" />
  <Item Bitmap="..\Shared\Pictures\[Location].png" Location="*" Rect="LocationPicture\0,0,100,100" Alpha="35" Alignment="1" Style="1" Background="1" />
</PICTURE>

<MENU>
<Background Bitmap="Menu\MenuBackground.png" Columns="16,?-Flex,16" Rows="16,?-Flex,16" />
<Item Bitmap="Menu\MenuItem.png" Columns="36,?-Flex,36" Rows="10,?-Flex,10" InternalMargins="10,10,10,10" Spacing="1" />
</MENU>

<SCROLL>
<Up Bitmap="Scroll\Up.png" Columns="6,?-Flex,6" Rows="6,?-Flex,6" />
<Down Bitmap="Scroll\Down.png" Columns="6,?-Flex,6" Rows="6,?-Flex,6" />
<Handle Bitmap="Scroll\Handle.png" Columns="6,?-Flex,6" Rows="6,?-Flex,6" />
</SCROLL>

<DIALOG>
<DisableOverlay Bitmap="Dialog\DisableOverlay.png" />
<DialogBack Bitmap="Dialog\DialogBack.png" Columns="16,?-Flex,16" Rows="16,?-Flex,16" />
</DIALOG>

</MJFS>

hope it is a bit clear...
as a note, in other skins the layout part could already be there (like in the old obsidian). the copying out of the base is not necesarry then...

veel plezier

:)
gab

edit.. for explaining i had to make it myself. so when you dont succeed, just pm me and i can send you the 'obsidian PIPloos'

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 03:30:41 am »

I have done this and it works.
Off course I was looking for a (On/Off) configuration item in MC13, but that's not there ..... yet.

Dank je.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 03:56:21 am »

Gappie,
I found that that Playing Now in the new Theater View does not update when a new song starts.
Going ' back' and re-entering Playing Now shows the correct list.
I am using the Play Radio function ...

gappie

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:10:11 am »

Gappie,
I found that that Playing Now in the new Theater View does not update when a new song starts.
Going ' back' and re-entering Playing Now shows the correct list.
I am using the Play Radio function ...

i could not reproduce that with the build im using now  ;) ... what you see now was also a 'bug' for a while in 12 when playing radio. got repaired.

:)
gab

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 04:27:55 am »

Will report it is a bug.
thnx
Pages: [1]   Go Up