INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.95 -- Available here  (Read 7256 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.95 -- Available here
« on: December 22, 2008, 12:27:03 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130095.exe

13.0.95 (12/19/2008)

1. Fixed: Television subscriptions were not being supported properly (only applies to last few builds).
2. Changed: Upgraded the version of the television recording database (TV subscriptions must be reestablished).
3. Fixed: Lists that auto-sized their columns on list sizing (like the EPG view) could fail to accept user column width changes if the change added or removed a scrollbar.
4. Changed: Improved some of the T-Mobile G1 (Google Android) default settings.
5. NEW: When opening a YouTube movie in "Web Media" or from the links bar, HD MP4 will be used if it is available, as the download type.
6. Changed: When Media Center automatically searches for cover art when importing a file, it won't use an image next to the file in a folder unless the name matches or it's called folder.jpg. (for manual Quick Find of cover art, the image will still be used if it's the only image in the folder)
7. Fixed: Clicking quickly to go through a wizard (like for television recording) could drop clicks.
8. Changed: Tuned how selection wrapping works when pressing the down button in Theater View so that keyboard navigation is more natural.
9. Changed: The "More" roller in Theater View uses the item's name instead of "More" if there is only one item in the list.
10. Changed: Theater View defaults to high-quality drawing. (can be disabled in Options > Theater View > Advanced)
11. Fixed: Save time-shifting confirmation was not made when user switched from playing TV to playing another media type.
12. Fixed: TV could be left playing when user switched from TV to another media type, if the user watched a TV channel that was being recorded on schedule.
13. Changed: Several remote control changes, including removed pop-ups, retry plugin startup on error.
14. Fixed: ATSC TV EPG scanning did not work for the last few builds.
15. Changed: Improved view change animations in Theater View.

13.0.94 (12/18/2008)

1. Fixed: In rare cases, a RLE-encoded 8 bit BMP file could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Theater View "Save As Playlist" from Playing Now was not working from the roller.
3. Changed: Simplified the playback menu shown in Theater View's Playing Now.
4. Changed: Selection is possible in Theater View's Playing Now.
5. Changed: Data files can be added to Playing Now and will behave like files that are configured to play with an external player.
6. Fixed: Jump forward/backward in video playback did not jump correct amount (30sec forward, 10sec backward).
7. Fixed: When TV recordings started and stopped or channels were changed, the Television view would not update right away.
8. NEW: Added preliminary "My Recordings" section to Television view.
9. Changed: Improved how Media Center manages low disk space condition in TV recording.
10. Changed: Removed constant OSD message during TV recording.
11. NEW: Added support for T-Mobile G1 (Google Android phone).
12. NEW: When acquiring images from a device using Action Window > Camera, you can configure what directory to search. (defaults to entire drive; saved per device)
13. Fixed: (again): Some modified jpgs wouldn't load/upload for some programs/websites.

13.0.93 (12/17/2008)

1. Changed: Pressing up while on the top roller of Theater View will jump to the bottom of the list. (like list rolling, implements a timer so that accidental or repeated presses won't do this)
3. Changed: Pressing down on the root roller in Theater View will enter.
4. Changed: Pressing up on the root roller in Theater View will jump between the first and last item.
5. Changed: Left / right accepts or declines a Theater View message box when a button is selected.  This is not done in a message box that shows a keyboard since up, down, left, and right are used to navigate the keyboard and could lead to accidental results.
6. Changed: When exiting Theater View with escape, pressing escape a second time will exit instead of cancel the exit.
7. Fixed: Theater View rollers that tried to select an out-of-bounds element (like after view nesting) could cause a crash.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of rollers in Theater View.
9. Fixed: The display name of "Filename (path)" was wrong (only applies to build 92).
10. Changed: The root Audio, Image, and Video views in Theater View show the view type at the top instead of "Audio", "Image", or "Video".
11. Changed: Cleaned up the look of the home view in the Obisidian Theater View skin.
12. Changed: Added a new Theater View top roller item "More" that's independent from the play commands.
13. Changed: The play roller in Theater View remembers the last used playback command (resets on program restart).
14. Fixed: When returning to Theater View from fullscreen playback, the remote focus would not always return to the correct location.
15. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now selects the playing track each track change.
16. Fixed: In a 3D library view, the view header didn't allow switching view types.
17. NEW: The tags available at the root of the "Tag" menu in Theater View can be set for audio, images, and video. (Options > Theater View > Advanced)
18. Fixed: The search suggestion system could fail when working with values that had multiple spaces between words.
19. Changed: Reduced chances of TV recording manager loading and unloading TV devices unnecessarily.
20. Fixed: Some programs/sites could fail to load a jpg that had tags changed in MC.
21. Fixed: Browsing nested keywords in Theater View could cause display problems due to the backslashes in the names.
22. Fixed: A corrupt APE tag could cause a crash.

13.0.92 (12/12/2008)

1. Changed: Theater View keyboard roller no longer appears larger than keyboard.
2. NEW: Database fields contain a plural display name. (upgrades library version so older versions won't be able to share a library)
3. Changed: Plurals are used when displaying the all items in the tree, Theater View, etc. (i.e. All Genres (32))
4. NEW: Each level in the panes, tree, or Theater View views can be sorted in sophisticated ways like Plays, Date Imported, etc. instead of just simple A-Z and Z-A sorting.
5. Fixed: When adding a new library view, the new view could get added as a locked view so it would warn with each edit. (unlock views in Customize View > Advanced > Lock view)
6. NEW: When adding a library view, "Empty View" is presented as a choice at the end of the list.  Choosing it will open the Customize View dialog straight away.
7. Changed: The "Add Library View" view picker supports double-click and enter to add the view without pressing "OK".
8. Fixed: Flickr call to get sets required the auth token to get all sets.
9. Fixed: EPG program info for analog channels obtained from mc2xml could be associated with wrong channels (Cable vs. Antenna).
10. Changed: For digital TV, whenever viewing is not needed (i.e. scheduled recording, channel scanning, EPG scanning), audio and video streams are rendered to Null renderers.
11. Fixed: In the Customize View dialog, editing the thumbnail caption then pressing OK while the caption was being edited would discard changes.
12. Fixed: The dividing line in list controls to show drop position was not drawing correctly.
13. Fixed: Picking dates and times in the EPG window could work incorrectly.
14. Fixed (hopefully): Audio, video quality problem with Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1950 USB device.
15. Fixed: DVD playback on Vista sometimes did not use EVR as default video renderer.
16. Fixed: Video inputs were left out of TV channels.
17. Fixed: "Choose DirectShow Filters" dialog used VMR9 for default video renderer instead of EVR on Vista.
18. NEW: Theater View view configuration allows unlimited nesting of views.

13.0.91 (12/12/2008)

1. Fixed: Launching the program with the "/Library" switch could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Removed "Clear" from Theater View keyboard.
3. Fixed: When recording a TV program from the EPG, the program name was not used in recorded file's filename and database entry.
4. Fixed: When viewing images with full-resolution view-sized thumbnails, scrolling through a list of subsequent images could keep too many decoded images in memory.
5. Changed: Theater View message boxes draw their buttons using list skin art instead of button skin art.
6. Changed: Beta Theater View skin "Obsidian Beta" is removed during install.
7. NEW: Introducing new Obsidian Theater View skin (will automatically become default).
8. Optimized: Many enhancements to performance in Theater View.
9. Changed: Theater View rollers work with the mouse wheel.

13.0.90 (12/11/2008)

1. NEW: It is possible to change more view settings like the "View By" in the view header menu.
2. NEW: When saving changes to a locked library view, a confirmation will be shown that offers to save the changes to a new view. (views can be unlocked in Customize View > Advanced)
3. Changed: Additional tuning of TV recording/time-shifting filename and database name.
4. NEW: The main "View" menu in the program lists related library views at the top.
5. Changed: Theater View root roller doesn't wrap tail items to the left for a cleaner look.
6. Fixed: Theater View rollers could draw incorrectly in some cases.
7. Changed: Pressing right on the "Play All" roller item in Theater View will not execute a Play All.
8. Changed: Renamed "Edit" to "Edit Commands" in the right-click menu.
9. Changed: Theater View "More" play menu changed to "More Play Options" to match Standard View.
10. NEW: The playback menu for images in Theater View is simplified.
11. Fixed: Playing from a grouped list could clear the list selection.
12. Fixed: MP3 ID3v2 tagger would not correctly parse tag fields that contained a data length in the frame. (Foobar v2.4 APIC frame)

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 13.0.95 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:56:30 pm »

Importing M4A files is still broken. MC imports as data files instead of audio. This is a deal breaker and I have now installed/uninstalled/reinstalled last working versions a number of times. Is there any chance that JRiver could take a look at this issue? ... Please?
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:17:32 pm »

Importing M4A files is still broken. MC imports as data files instead of audio. This is a deal breaker and I have now installed/uninstalled/reinstalled last working versions a number of times. Is there any chance that JRiver could take a look at this issue? ... Please?

In Options > File Types, double-check that you have M4A set to play in the JRiver audio engine using Directshow filters.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 13.0.95 -- Shutting Down
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 04:53:12 am »

When i use Library Tools> Analyze Audio the programm is sutting down when in same time i choose another menu operation or i choose another programm or i just open interner explorer... In generarly when in same time i'm doing another action.
Could you see it?
Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:42:42 am »

I can reproduce this. I have configured MC correctly to play m4a files through DS and use the internal audio engine. As a test, I dragged a few previously unimported m4a files to Playing Now. Playback works, but initially the files are imported as data. I can change the media type to audio manually.

I have noticed the same issue with Real Media audio files: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49751.msg340536#msg340536 (a .ra sample file is attached there).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 10:16:22 am »

Problem with fields in Tile views.

Add to a scheme 3 fields ("Display in this order").

Genre
Album Artist (auto)
Album

When you drill down into Albums you end up having to route back the Genre.

DC

Media Center 13.0.95 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Core 2 1560 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1195 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  Data Master (Active)
  Playing Now (Active)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 10:38:39 am »

When you drill down into Albums you end up having to route back the Genre.

Could you describe that in a little more detail?

Thanks.

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 12:14:49 pm »

I'm rushing around or I'd attach an image. What happens is simply Genre appearing again for Tiles. As if this was the setup:

Genre
Artist
Genre
Albums

I noticed it by selecting my Multiple Artists tile and instead of Album Tiles I was looking at Genre tiles that applied to Multiple Artists.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 01:19:54 pm »

Somewhat similar issue as the field bug for Tiles.

Drilling down into Album Tiles brings me to the wrong location (wrong files listed). In this The Kinks has all the Multiple Artists albums listed, which as you can see, have nothing to do with the Kinks.

EDIT* Seems like anytime an Artist has songs which appear on multiple artist albums, ALL multiple artist albums are pulled into the Album Tile view for the particular chosen artist. My Custom Artist field (semi-colon delimited) simply allows me to have a Tile view which incorporates tracks from multiple artist albums. This way, I select a Tile for an artist and it should show Tiles for multi-albums that he/she appears on at least once. The problem is that EVERY multiple artist album is pulled into the resulting Album Tile view for the artist. It's not sorting related, but seems to be a strange bug.

This bug doesn't occur In Audio scheme (when same two fields are used), but in Music which is a "master" scheme with sub schemes. A new scheme created in Music behaves with same error. There's something buggy about adding/removing fields to a scheme, it's "sticky", fields removed are remaining or found to be in the wrong order (my earlier post).

I have tried new "master" schemes and new scheme under Music; turned on/off "use parent settings". Why the bug doesn't happen in Audio is beyond me. If I choose File on the Album Tile I get the correct albums listed and grouped. If I drill down to Album Tiles with a double-click, I get MANY wrong albums with no pattern as to why they are added.

Here are screenshots.

From MC12:

(full size)
http://www.pix01.com/gallery/ED13D42F-DA5E-448D-87D4-EEE39DF2743B/kinks/bigpage.html?image=718663349_orig0.jpg

MC13:

(full size)
http://www.pix01.com/gallery/ED13D42F-DA5E-448D-87D4-EEE39DF2743B/kinks/bigpage.html?image=718663349_orig1.jpg

DC

Media Center 13.0.95 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 2998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 922 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHM-165P6S   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive P: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now

JONCAT

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:10 pm »

Here's a better look at the Genre bug.

I have view ordered 1.Genre>2.Artist>3.Album for this scheme.

I start at the newly added "View By" and choose >Artist Thumbnails, and when I try to drill down into Aaron Neville, obviously the result is nonsensical. He does not even appear in all the genre (have tags for all these fields).

full size: http://www.pix01.com/gallery/ED13D42F-DA5E-448D-87D4-EEE39DF2743B/genrebug/bigpage.html?image=1062763590_orig0.jpg

Last point about why this is happening....MC13.095 is not handling semi-colon delimited fields properly when creating Tile views. I changed to Album Artist (auto) and problem goes away. Hopefully other users (MusicHawk?) who use these type of fields can report in.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 03:09:39 pm »

Sub-schemes are pulling in Tile sizes from parent schemes even when the option is disabled. If this is driving anyone else nuts, your Albums Tiles spread apart with large gaps, you can't just erase the size, you have to toggle the "Use parent settings" to reset.

DC

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 04:39:27 pm »

Thanks for the reply Matt & Alex

In Options > File Types, double-check that you have M4A set to play in the JRiver audio engine using Directshow filters.

I currently have v54 (v61) installed, but I know that I manually changed to MC's engine using DirectShow when I installed v95. I have also selected DC-Bass as the source filter.

I can change the media type to audio manually.

Changing the media type to audio from data does work to get the files to show in the library, but some of my smartlists are effected due to missing data (no bit depth, no bitrate, no channels, no compression, no duration, and no sample rate). P.S. Thanks for validating that its happening for you too. I was beginning to think I was nuts (well,.. more than normal anyway)
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 04:46:04 pm »

Seems like anytime an Artist has songs which appear on multiple artist albums, ALL multiple artist albums are pulled into the Album Tile view for the particular chosen artist.

I've reported this one a couple of times, it's been driving me nuts with my images!  I probly didn't explain it very well (even tho I did talk about martians) so good to know someone else is here with the same problem to explain it better! :)

Quote from: eba
In Images, I have the panes: People, Occasion

I have the view set to People Thumbnails.

I then double click on a People group, to see all occasions involving those people.
This works, except some occasions involving other people are also included.
It seems to include all photos of people who are ever marked as being in any of the photos of the people I have selected.

For example:
I have 20 photos of Family, 20 photos of Friends, and 20 photos of Martians.
I have one photo which has Family and Friends in it, so the People tag is Family;Friends.
When I select Family, it'll show me all 40 Family and Friends photos, but not any Martians.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 01:42:56 pm »

I've reported this one a couple of times, it's been driving me nuts with my images!  I probly didn't explain it very well (even tho I did talk about martians) so good to know someone else is here with the same problem to explain it better! :)

This will be fixed in build 98 and later.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 02:37:27 pm »

Excellent :D Cheers

Merry Christmas :)

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 08:34:07 pm »

Unable to install on XP x64 SP2 (with DirectX 9.0c). Hangs on installing DirectX components. If I force terminate, then try a re-install, it gets past that point and installs completely but then complains that it can't find d3dx9_39.dll. This is after a fresh reboot with Kaspersky AV paused and nothing has been run (ie MC12). NVidia GT8800 x64 drivers are recent (but may not be the latest). I am installing to a non default directory if that could make a difference (d:\MC13).

JONCAT

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 10:21:49 pm »

Wonderful! I had my fingers crossed.

DC

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 07:31:05 pm »

wrong event ("MCC: NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE") is fired when i add a large number of files to MCCurPlaylist.

Code: [Select]
     Dim MCCurPlaylist As MediaCenter.IMJCurPlaylistAutomation  = mediaCenterRef.GetCurPlaylist
     Dim MJFiles As IMJFilesAutomation = mediaCenterRef.Search("[Media Type]=[audio]")

maxCountFiles = MJFiles.GetNumberFiles
            maxPlayNowFiles = MCCurPlaylist.GetNumberFiles
            If maxCountFiles > 0 Then
                For count = 0 To maxCountFiles - 1
                    id = MJFiles.GetFile(count).GetKey
                    MCCurPlaylist.AddFileByKey(CInt(id), maxPlayNowFiles)
                    maxPlayNowFiles = maxPlayNowFiles + 1
                Next
             End If

if i add 5000 files to Playing now (via SDK) the event ""MCC: NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE"  is fired about 4 times.

edit:
if i add a sleep statement (Threading.Thread.Sleep(500)) before AddFileByKey more then 20 Track_Change events are fired.

Markus

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 08:46:29 pm »

Bug:
MJFile.GetImageFile doesn't overwrites existing cover file in 'temp/Thumbnails'.

if i call:
picPath = MJFile.GetImageFile(MJImageFileFlags.IMAGEFILE_THUMBNAIL_SMALL)
a small cover is stored in 'temp/thumbnails'.

now the following function doesn't overwrites this file (small cover with large cover), although an other mode (large) was set:

picPath = MJFile.GetImageFile(MJImageFileFlags.IMAGEFILE_THUMBNAIL_LARGE)
Markus

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Darned if you do and darned if you don't!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 10:24:39 am »

Still have not fixed the issue in 3D Panes where album art dissappears when zoomed in.  It reappears when zoomed out.
Gitcheye

jack wallstreet

The Selected Item Sometimes Jumps on Delete Instead of behaving nicely
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 02:17:31 pm »

With the .95 version of 13 (and all earlier versions of 13 also, I believe), there seems to be an inconsistancy on a file delete with what becomes the new selected item. When I delete an item (right click delete), the new, automatically, selected item is supposed to become the next item on the list.  This happens about 90% of the time.  Occasionally and for reasons I can't determine, the automatically selected item jumps to some other item far away when I do a delete.  I have ONLY noticed this with a delete from the database, not a remove from a list.  If others have noticed this issue maybe they can identify a pattern more than what I am able to see.
John

PLuft

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 04:37:59 pm »

I periodically transfer MP3s from my laptop to my desktop via MC 13 by dragging albums to an MC 'virtual' handheld device (which is pointing to my music folder on my desktop's hard disk).   I log on to the laptop via library server.  Recently, perhaps after the 13.0.91 update, MC 13 now transfers my mp3s to a data folder.  The files don't have an extension and have been renamed.  For example, 'Don Tiare - Strings Over Hawaii - Blue Hawaii.mp3' becomes  'Don Tiare - Strings Over Hawaii - Blue Hawaii - 4840.don tiare - strings over hawaii - blue hawaii'

I recently reinstalled 13.0.62 and on both computers, and the problem went away.

Thanks

Pat

JONCAT

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 10:12:05 am »

When viewing Album Thumbnails, File List still displays a redundant title, as if Grouping were enabled via Panes/Details (even though it's disabled).

I kind of like the larger font of the "Grouped" titled but one title is enough obviously.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 10:14:13 am »

When I browse via the tree to my screen capture folder I have 50+ images.

Adding a view scheme based on this disk location is not working.

1. I have maybe 9 images.
2. I have the file list showing as grouped when it's disabled.
3. I have a Tile labeled Unassigned which is every picture in my MC library.

Just seems completely broken.

DC

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 12:32:18 pm »

Simple TV viewing no good for me with 13.0.95.  TV has been fine up to now.  Hauppauge PV250 analog, using same settings as last few betas.

-a few cable channels are fine
-most cable channels are bad picture (grainy) with no audio
-several cable channels.....just snow with no audio

Reboot, uninstall, re-install.  no luck.  Just checked and same problem with 0.93.  Will try to find out which was the last build that worked for me.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 01:21:41 pm »

Set up MC13 for the first time today with the latest build.  Apologies if this is a known issue:

Added Navigation to the toolbar.  Added all my navigation items from my MC12 setup (took about 30 mins).  Did a load of other stuff.  MC13 crashed (don't recall why).  Came back and my Navigation items were gone  :'(

I do all my navigation from the navigation pulldown on the toolbar so this is a big problem for me.  For now I'll set it up again and pull the registry entries so that I can quickly restore if necessary.

Cheers,

Mark

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 06:43:23 pm »

very often G1 shows "Unknown artist".
JR Library and file tags are ok (Artist is filled).

Markus

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 04:47:46 am »

Setting Image (Large Thumbnail) via a right click on column headers results in a medium thumbnail being displayed.  Only way to get a large thumbnail seems to be via Customize Views dialogues.

The Customize View dialogue does not correctly reflect column headers once closed and then reopened.  Or indeed when location changed from Top to Bottom.

Saving views with the same name as an exisiting file should overwrite the old view, not create new copies which then pollute the views dialogues.

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 08:00:57 am »

Links bug?

I have created a link "Prog Archives" which I want only to appear when the Genre contains "Prog".  The idea being that if the track playing is a progressive rock band I can link to Prog Archives and search for information.

The link works well.  The problem is that it appears for any playlist where there is a single "Prog" track even if the other 99% of tracks are say, classical music.  IMO, Links rules should only be applied to the currently playing/selected track rather than the entire playlist??

Cheers,

Mark

JONCAT

Re: The Selected Item Sometimes Jumps on Delete Instead of behaving nicely
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 08:07:10 am »

With the .95 version of 13 (and all earlier versions of 13 also, I believe), there seems to be an inconsistancy on a file delete with what becomes the new selected item. When I delete an item (right click delete), the new, automatically, selected item is supposed to become the next item on the list.  This happens about 90% of the time.  Occasionally and for reasons I can't determine, the automatically selected item jumps to some other item far away when I do a delete.  I have ONLY noticed this with a delete from the database, not a remove from a list.  If others have noticed this issue maybe they can identify a pattern more than what I am able to see.

I'm seeing this behavior as well and I can't recall exactly which ones, but with other operations besides delete (I'm just starting my coffee intake).

Dc

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 10:37:41 am »

Under "Tools - Options - Playback settings"..... Reset TV doesn't appear to do anything.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 01:19:44 pm »

Long standing bug...

When changing tag data within a display view, if there are only a small number of tags, eg one, or the dialogue wouldn't fit the remaining MC window, then the F2 dialogue to change the tag isn't large enough to display the tag list and there is no way to scroll to the correct tag.  One is left to guess what the tag might be or go to the action window to edit.

Mark

Klarners

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 04:13:11 pm »

When syncronizing with a device (Creative Nomad Zen Xtra) from a remote library server, the audio files are not treated properly. The destination folder is the data folder on the device and not the music folder. The file extension (.mp3) is removed after sync. After switching to a local library with the same audio files everything works fine

Steffen

JONCAT

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 08:42:51 pm »

Okay, no one take this the wrong way...starting to dig MC13, it's even under my pillow at night.  :P

I insert 4 discs, 3 external, one internal.

One disc is recognized, and has a carrot mark next to it.

I have to select another disc to initialize recognition of others successively.

No problem, BUT SAME AS MC12, MC13 drops the file list on these as I switch between for pre-rip tagging. Sometimes they vanish and are re-established after 5-10 seconds, but more often I have a very tough time trying to bring up the lists even after MC13 has them established; when I switch between drives the result is empty file lists after 1 minute (and I don't often get the "double-click" message. (clue: the other day I selected My Computer in the tree and it re-initialized all cd-rom discs within MC). I have Mc settings at "ask every time" (default).

Please, just hook up a bunch of drives and watch what happens...I guarantee it's Lee Dorsey funky....

Two different motherboards, two different versions of MC.

thanks for all your hard work...stay warm up there.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up