INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep aspect ratio  (Read 882 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Keep aspect ratio
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:47:20 pm »

Is there a way to have MC default to standard aspect ratio at the start of every movie (but not bookmark start)?  Whenever I start a movie I have to revert the setting if the aspect is not correct (when horizontal and vertical sections are cut out).

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Keep aspect ratio
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:32:51 pm »

I'm not sure about this, but I think the default is the Aspect Ratio setting in DirectShow Playback Settings. I imagine you want that set to "Source." The Display View Player\Display Options menu Aspect Ratio setting should default to this. The default for Zoom seems to be "Fit Window," which is how I like it. It seems the options set in this menu "stick" for the playing video, and will return to the defaults for a new video. The part I'm not so sure about is how these settings interact with those set in the video decoder. So I've deselected the Resize & aspect section of my ffdshow preferences, and the results seem to be as set in MC. I suppose all that's happening is the MC settings are being passed to the filter, and if the same settings are set in the filter, those settings will be used instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up