INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File missing warning not justified  (Read 2715 times)

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
File missing warning not justified
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:24:59 am »

Hello,

I have 2 different sources for my Musics :
Music directory on a WHS : auto import folder is : \\WHS\music
and
Music directory on a NAS : auto import folder is :  \\NAS\music

Problem:
If I switch ON only my NAS, all the Music files stored on WHS are noted  "file missing" : it's logical,

... but why it's also like that, even if  I check the "Exclude this folder" case for  \\WHS\music  in : / Tools/ Auto import options / \\WHS\music / settings for this folder /

So: All the WHS files remain with a yellow mark : "File missing"

-> Perhaps there is an command to REFRESH the display ,
to SHOW, after this refresh, only the music icons from the good checked directory ,
and HIDE the others ?

Thanks for any help :)
Jean-Max

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: File missing warning not justified
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:45:03 am »

Check under "Options > Tree and view > Advanced > Display missing file image in lists (slow on network drives)"

Remove the checkmark beside it to remove the warning (if you really want that?)

If you don't see that option, that will mean that it's not available to Media Jukebox users, and so you'll need to upgrade to Media Center if you feel it would be worth it.

-marko

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 01:49:16 pm »

Check under "Options > Tree and view > Advanced > Display missing file image in lists (slow on network drives)"
Remove the checkmark beside it to remove the warning (if you really want that?)
If you don't see that option, that will mean that it's not available to Media Jukebox users, and so you'll need to upgrade to Media Center if you feel it would be worth it.
-marko
Thanks for the tip :)
I unchecked the option

Same result as before :
example: if the Source 2 is OFF, its datas are present, well seen in listing mode, with link to the Source 2, and a yellow mark

In Icon Mode, impossible to know easily if the data is present or not : "Unable to play" msg  one time on 2...

I have MC12 from looong time ; I updated some months ago to MC13 : the problem is exactly the same..

Jean-Max

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:07:35 am »

I think we may be fighting a language barrier here, though let's persevere a little longer...

I just tested this with my network machine (mapped drives) turned off, and I had to restart MC for the setting to take effect.

I don't think this is what you want anyway, so you may want to to turn the setting back on again.

Am I correct in thinking that what you actually want is for MC to not show the data if the drive is not available?
If that is what you want, it's not possible.

What you would need to do is create a view scheme that excludes files whose filenames start with \\WHS and use that when you know that \\WHS is unavailable.

-marko.

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 03:05:30 am »

Am I correct in thinking that what you actually want is for MC to not show the data if the drive is not available?
YESSSS !

If that is what you want, it's not possible
Its a pity ! :(

My English school days are very far away, but I believe it was possible, when reading what you wrote before :

Remove the checkmark beside it to remove the warning

As I understood , the sentence "Unchecking [display missing file]" was, for me, the same as "Not show the file if it's missing (= not on line)"

Now, I don't understand what is the exact use of "check/uncheck [display missing file]"  :( :(

What you would need to do is create a view scheme that excludes files whose filenames start with \\WHS and use that when you know that \\WHS is unavailable.

Yes , but why making this, when it would be so easy, for J River boys, to introduce the following constant filter in MC13 and Jukebox, for all the datas Videos, Photos, Music etc :

-> We don't show on screen a file when it's missing, in any mode (listing, icon etc)

Logical, isn't it ?
Is-it only my French Frog's logic ? ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for all and all the best for 2009 !
Jean-Max

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 06:55:43 am »

You're english is way better than my french!! Like you, it was a long long time ago since Mr. Barti sat us down to learn all about Madame Dumas going into the boulangerie to buy some pain ;) (Mr. Barti was one of our coolest teachers... He made lessons fun and there was never any trouble in his classes)

That "missing file" setting applies to the yellow exclamation overlay that identifies files as 'missing', not the file itself.

What you want is achievable in Media Center using it's "access control" feature, which is unfortunately, not available in Media Jukebox.

-marko.

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 07:43:08 am »

That "missing file" setting applies to the yellow exclamation overlay that identifies files as 'missing', not the file itself.
What you want is achievable in Media Center using it's "access control" feature, which is unfortunately, not available in Media Jukebox.
-marko.
OK, Marko : Merci ;)

I don't understand the interest of "Suppressing yellow exclamation" without suppressing the file itself from the listing... !
This "yellow warning" was to avoid hitting play on this missing file !
so, suppressing "yellow warning only", brings many confusion !! :
It's not good, for me.

Anyway, I will have a look to "access control"  of my MC13

But.., for "Music only" playing, I use more Jukebox than MC13 because it's lighter and faster..

Best regards,
Jean-Max

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:03:59 am »

In Media Center, access control is under the View menu.

Select it, leave the password blank, select the 'enable' check box, click on the 'advanced' button, paste the following into the box: [=ismissing([filename])]=0 then press OK.

-marko.

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 08:42:38 am »

In Media Center, access control is under the View menu.
Select it, leave the password blank, select the 'enable' check box, click on the 'advanced' button, paste the following into the box: [=ismissing([filename])]=0 then press OK.
-marko.
Oups !
I apologize beause I didn't thank you for your useful reply !
It's perfect :)
Jean-Max
Pages: [1]   Go Up