INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could someone please explain the seq column?  (Read 906 times)

past_a

• nothing more to say...
Could someone please explain the seq column?
« on: May 04, 2003, 11:58:23 am »

All I know is that it is forever playing my albums in some wacky order I had nothing to do with. It drives me crazy and I end up going back to winamp. I gather that it is to arrange an album how you want it to be played but it screws up the order of albums I haven't even played yet and whatever it does it is ludicrous that it is the only column you can't get rid of.

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: Could someone please explain the seq column?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 12:25:39 pm »

Check whether you have "Suffle" on.

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Re: Could someone please explain the seq column?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 04:08:19 pm »

The "Seq" column shows the "Seq"uence in which the tracks will play.  As you add tracks to "Playing Now", the tracks are assigned the next available sequential number.

After you rearrange the tracks to the order you want them to play, you just  right-click anywhere on the "Playing Now" list and, from the drop-down-menu, select "Update Playback Order".  The "Seq" column will then re-number to match your new order.

The "Seq" column protects you from accidentally destroying your playback order if you re-sort your list by clicking on a column heading.  The tracks will always play in the "Seq" order of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...  even if the display order is 1, 4, 2, 5, 3...
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Pages: [1]   Go Up