INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 Video - Choppy Playback Issue  (Read 6230 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
MP4 Video - Choppy Playback Issue
« on: January 02, 2009, 12:07:09 am »

This was originally from another messy post. I'm just putting this post here for the sake of a clear/concise answer to this question for anybody searching in the future.
The long and short seems to be to use the Haali Media Splitter for MP4 Video playback. Thanks for the tip Yaobing.
-JB

Problem:
the-order
Am currently running newest versions of both Media Center 13 and the CCCP and my playback of .MP4 video files is very awful.  When I play, Media Center lags up a bit like I am running a slow computer and it can't keep up with the video so the play back is very laggy (low/jerky framerate). Also when switching to fullscreen mode to watch video, it lags and the picture often just locks on one frame and doesn't continue while the audio keeps going. I can play .MP4 files just fine in WMP11 without any problems at all. I am lost on what I can do to remedy this problem. All other video files run great.

Intermediary discussions go here.

Solution:
Yaobing
I believe DC-Base filter is only for audio. It is useful if the audio is encoded with Apple Lossless format. For video, you should use Haali Media Splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up