INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect Rating MC Querying Tweaking Again  (Read 981 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Incorrect Rating MC Querying Tweaking Again
« on: January 03, 2009, 08:54:32 pm »

Solved Myself...feel free to offer a better solution!
Some have helped me get quite far on my Incorrect Rating playlist but it still isn't perfect.  Here is the main query I use:
[=isequal([Ben's Rating],[rating])]=0

The point of this smartlist is to list all songs (audio) where Rating isNOT equal to Ben's Rating

WHERE Rating != Ben's Rating

So this isequal=0 should work, right?  Well, the problem is the base starting values.  Rating defaults to "?" while Ben's Rating defaults to "".  This means that basically ALL songs get returned because "?" != "".  So I've been trying a lot of solution techniques but nothing has worked yet.  Any ideas?

I used to create this smartlist with a long list of:
(Ben's Rating = 5 Rating != 5) ... 10 times, for all the combinations.  But, "OR" seems to be broken in the new Wizard smartlist creator so this broke.  I would rather use the clean approach, though: Rating != Ben's Rating!  Thanks!

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Incorrect Rating MC Querying Tweaking Again
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »

Well, I put some more effort in and I may have finally cracked the code:

[=isequal([Ben's Rating],[rating])]=0 (-[Rating]=[] or -[Ben's Rating]=[]) [Media Type]=[audio]

The test is that, assuming everything is synced (Rating -> Ben's Rating and vice versa), I go set the Rating on ONE song and the Ben's Rating on another single song.  Both of these should show up (alone).  It did just that.  Now I can't quite figure out how Rating sometimes equals "?" and other times it equals "" .... no worry, though.  I just have really needed to solve this issue.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
Re: Incorrect Rating MC Querying Tweaking Again
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:56:01 am »

I have a 'My Rating' which goes from 1-10.  To create a smartlist that shows where My Rating doesn't map to Rating I use 5 sub smartlists:

[Media Type]=[Audio] [My Rating]=1-2 -[Rating]=1
[Media Type]=[Audio] [My Rating]=3-4 -[Rating]=2
[Media Type]=[Audio] [My Rating]=5-6 -[Rating]=3
[Media Type]=[Audio] [My Rating]=7-8 -[Rating]=4
[Media Type]=[Audio] [My Rating]=9-10 -[Rating]=5

And then I simply combine those to generate the result set.

You could of course OR those into one list but I find OR/AND really slows things down.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up