INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Screen View  (Read 1716 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Big Screen View
« on: January 04, 2009, 04:05:06 am »

Theater view really needs to have "Big screen" up in the top roller. My family keep using the back button on the remote to jump out of the movie, and it's unecessarily hard to get back to big screen mode to carry on watching it. Currently you have to go to "more" and then playing now and then to another "more" and then finally you can see big screen mode.

Marty3d

Re: Big Screen View
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 07:35:52 am »

I agree. It's too many steps.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:37:48 am »

It's nice to map a remote button to jump between Theater View and Display View.  I think it's called Toggle Theater View in Options > Remote Control.

I agree if you're only using the arrows and enter, it's a bit of a journey.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:32:36 am »

I agree if you're only using the arrows and enter, it's a bit of a journey

I agree too.

Ive always had shift/f11 prog. in on my ATIs.

but the 5 button bit has come a long way in MC.

Since we are on the subject of Theater View to Big Screen.

I picked up a MCE Rf remote a couple Mts. ago.

Pretty cool, I believe John did the mapping on this and functions quite nicely.

I have a little problem though, when you cycle to Big screen with the remote you see Std. View along the way.

Why?

Thanks

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 04:50:28 pm »

I agree if you're only using the arrows and enter, it's a bit of a journey.

I can imagine that the real challenge for you guys is working out what really needs to go on the top roller and what should be nested in some sub-menu in the interest of saving space and keeping the interface clean.

Having said this, I think at a minimum, PLAYING NOW needs to be available globally from the top roller. This would also adress the big screen issue (if it were also moved to the top roller within Playing Now).  I think it belongs there.

I've mentioned this in the latest build thread but options for reshuffle etc are too tucked away in Playing Now also IMO.

Question: What's the possibility of making the order and presence of items in the MORE menus user configurable via a file (like languages) or the skin's XML? This would be fantastic!

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:14:25 pm »

It's nice to map a remote button to jump between Theater View and Display View.  I think it's called Toggle Theater View in Options > Remote Control.

This is what I've done. Toggles between Standard, Theater and Display Views.

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:11:29 pm »

This is what I've done. Toggles between Standard, Theater and Display Views.

My new Microsoft Media Center remote is waiting for me at home. Can you set up this, and other buttons, easily just by going into the Options/Remote?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 05:47:04 pm »

My new Microsoft Media Center remote is waiting for me at home. Can you set up this, and other buttons, easily just by going into the Options/Remote?

I found the main buttons on MCE remote work out of the box with MC but you cannot program them in the Tools>Options>Remote Control section as it's native support, not via plugin (like the USBUIRT I use).

Perhaps IR Server Suite or HiP will let you program a shortcut button on your MCE remote (perhaps one of the coloured buttons) to do this.

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 09:16:56 am »

I'll look into those programs, there seems to be no way to add any commands to the remote. I found that pressing Guide on my Harmony, once I set it up as a device, toggles between Big Screen, Theater View, and Standard View. Happy accident I guess.

Other buttons are weird. In a list of Artists, pressing 1 takes you to the top, pressing WXYZ/9 takes you to the first W Artists, and GHI/4 takes you to the Gs, but none of the other number/letter buttons work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up