INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlist bug  (Read 1004 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
smartlist bug
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:41:38 pm »

I have a smartlist that finds only 2 people in a picture.  I had to use this rule to exclude pics where these 2 people were 2 of several in a picture.  This way I can have pics with ONLY my 2 daughters in them.  MC 13 will properly create the smartlist, but then breaks it if I go back in to edit.

Here's an example:  I use the rule  [=isequal([people],sue;bob,1)]=1 or [=isequal([people],bob;sue,1)]=1 to find pics with sue and bob, or bob and sue.  If I go back in to edit this smartlist rule, the rule is now split into 2 custom rules instead of one.  The 2 rules represent either side of the 'or' in the formula.  So I get [=isequal([people],sue;bob,1)]=1 for one rule and  [=isequal([people],bob;sue,1)]=1 for the second.  When I choose OK, the result is empty.  I can delete one rule, cut and paste the rule back into 1 rule and add the 'or' and it will work again, at least until I go and edit it again.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: smartlist bug
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:11:19 pm »

If you wrap the rules to be "or'd" in parenthesis, that should fix things up.

([=isequal([people],sue;bob,1)]=1 or [=isequal([people],bob;sue,1)]=1)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 05:10:54 pm »

Will do.  Why are smartlist rules so complicated?!?  I would have never figured this rule out.  I got it by posting to the forum, of course!

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 09:41:30 am »

Why are smartlist rules so complicated?!?
There is an inverse relationship between powerful software and simple software. MC is at the powerful-complicated end (with iTunes being at the simple-almost useless end). The good news is that there are more complicated and less powerful media software options out there, so we've at least managed to get the best of one end without the worst of the other.
Pages: [1]   Go Up