INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 13 Settings  (Read 1602 times)

Dale

MC 13 Settings
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:22:05 pm »

Is there a way to save all MC 13's settings. Can this be done by exporting a reg file, that can be imported in case something happens?.

Also is there a way for MC 13 to start up with the display detached to the second monitor. I have changed the settings in options / display, but for some reason it does not seem to do this.

Thanks in advance

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 13 Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:21:50 pm »

Is there a way to save all MC 13's settings. Can this be done by exporting a reg file, that can be imported in case something happens?.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 13\Properties will have some of what you are looking for.   Hopefully one day all these settings will get stored with the library to make reg hacking unnecessary.

Jim - do you consider this information (reg stuff) to be too dangerous for the Wiki??  If not, I'll put a page up with where to find the things I know about.

Other stuff is stored in the library directory in the various files there. 

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:33:20 pm »

Good idea.  Thanks.  Maybe add a "Children, don't try this at home" message at the top.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:09:57 pm »

The backup settings question again.... I really hope there will be a way to include this in the library backup, or as a stand alone backup some day. It takes a lot of effort to make identical installations for those who don't want to touch the registry.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Dale

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:07:05 pm »

Hey guys, I don't have any problems working in the registry .. any input on having MC starting up with detached display ..all the time
'

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:15:04 am »

First page created:

Let me know if additions/changes (particularly nomenclature) are needed.

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Preferences_(where_they_are_stored)

Mark

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 10:09:00 am »

Why aren't your setting copied from one release to another.  I'm always having to go over my settings to correct them.  Also, it seems when installing a new release that the update would first backup your current release and have the ability to restore it if the new release doesn't work.

Skylar

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 10:00:41 am »

Are the two reg keys listed in the Wiki equivalent to the same set of reg keys that Glynor's settings saving script copies? No more, no less?

I was going to attempt to modify his script to work with MC13, but I'm more familiar with registry editing than I am with whatever scripting language he used. These two alone aren't too bad to deal with (though a .ini file would be even easier   :P).

-JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up