INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.104 -- Available Here  (Read 5972 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 13.0.104 -- Available Here
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:43:11 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130104.exe

13.0.104 (01/08/2009)

1. Fixed: MC Command MCC_PLAY_TV did not always start last played TV channel.
2. Fixed: When stopping WASAPI playback on certain hardware, the soundcard could continue playing a burst of noise in a loop. (hopefully fixed, please let us know)
3. Changed: Tuned Theater View scrollbar spacing / sizing.
4. Fixed: Text drawing in some areas of the program could draw with the incorrect color.
5. Changed: View header / view tabs font could look overly bold with some skins.
6. Changed: Some message boxes could appear overly wide.  Also, very large message boxes could put the OK button off the screen.
7. Fixed: Flac input plugin was adding 6db to replay gain tag when writing the tags. Reverted to previous behavior. To correct the bad tags, do "update tags from library"
8. Fixed: Clicking on the main program while a modal dialog was showing would not always bring the modal dialog to the front of other windows or blink the modal dialog.
9. Optimized: Database loading is faster.

13.0.103 (01/07/2009)

1. Fixed: TV tuners that were scanning (for either channels or programming guide) were incorrectly classified as either "idle" or "watching". As a result the TV recording manager would take them over for recording.
2. Fixed: The "Exit" button in Theater View didn't work unless it was removed and added again in options (only applies to build 102).
3. Changed: Theater View uses multi-pass rendering to more nicely fade the edges of rollers and provide a smoother look while animating.
4. Changed: In Television, picking "Record" for a program that was configured for partial recording (due to extending the previous program) would start a fresh record wizard instead of allowing configuration of the existing recording.
5. Fixed: Changing the recording options for a program or subscription would not update the EPG view immediately.
6. Fixed: Browsing into "Unassigned" items in thumbnail views were not working properly.
7. Changed: When maximized, any rounded edges of a skin are removed and filled with solid black so that clicking in the screen corner won't send the click to a window behind Media Center.
8. Changed: When doing File > Open URL..., if the server does not provide a content-type header in the response, it will be assumed to be an MP3 stream.
9. NEW: Theater View list scrolling more nicely supports animated flick-style scrolling.
10. Changed: TV will dynamically increase time-shifting index file (one hour at a time) when recording longer programs, instead of pre-allocating a large file at the beginning.
11. Optimized: Rewrote scroll control in Theater View to be much more efficient.

13.0.102 (01/05/2009)

1. Fixed: TV Recording folder would be wrong if user entered a path without a trailing "\" character.
2. Fixed: WASAPI playback could (still) fail on certain devices if the user-specified buffer size was too large.
3. Fixed: WASAPI playback of 24-bit material could produce static / ticking with certain hardware.
4. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
5. Changed: Revised anti-repeat mechanism in Theater View menus to better prevent holding the right arrow down from showing and accepting a menu command.
6. Fixed: Removing a file from Playing Now in Theater View would leave an orphan item in the list.
7. Changed: Removing a file from Playing Now in Theater View looks smoother visually.
8. Fixed: The Caps key did not work properly in the Theater View keyboard.
9. Fixed: When first entering a Theater View view, the info panel on the right of a list would not show information for the selected file.
10. Fixed: The "This Folder" entry in panes, tree, etc. was not working properly.
11. Changed: Text display animation used in Theater View, 3D Albums, etc. uses a more subtle animation style.
12. NEW: Theater View scrolling can be done by flicking a list (mouse down, mouse move, mouse up); particularly useful with touch screens.
13. Changed: Removed Theater View auto-scrolling of lists when the mouse nears the edge of the list -- use flicking, the scrollbar, or the mouse wheel instead.
14. Changed: Revised how Theater View scrollbars are sized so that they scale with the Theater View size setting.
15. Fixed: CD burning of cue files was not working.
16. Optimized: TV code logging and crash prevention.
17. NEW: During Theater View scrolling by dragging a list scrollbar, the name of the top item in the list will be shown large in the center of the screen.
18. Changed: TV will not show a confirmation dialog window when recording manager stops recording while user is watching the show.
19. Optimized: Improved performance of album thumbnail views.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

orennahum

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 13.0.104 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:59:17 am »

Hi,

When TV recording to mpeg format will be available again ?

Thanks,
Oren

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:21:43 am »

Hi,

When TV recording to mpeg format will be available again ?

Thanks,
Oren

For now, you will need to use an external video converter to convert / remux recorded television.  Media Center comes with .JTS playback filters.

We would like to add this to Media Center, but our current priority is on usability -- a nice EPG, the ability to subscribe, record, watch with multiple tuners, watch while recording, etc.  Remember that JTS files are a lossless container that stores a perfect bit-stream from digital inputs.

Bluey

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »

Resets the license and tells me 30 day trial expired, so I have to go online and get another license, second time this has happened with updates.

B.

orennahum

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 08:56:01 pm »

For now, you will need to use an external video converter to convert / remux recorded television.  Media Center comes with .JTS playback filters.

We would like to add this to Media Center, but our current priority is on usability -- a nice EPG, the ability to subscribe, record, watch with multiple tuners, watch while recording, etc.  Remember that JTS files are a lossless container that stores a perfect bit-stream from digital inputs.

Where can I find an external video converter ?

Thanks,
Oren

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 09:50:02 am »

The shortcut described in help, "Ctlr - U" to Toggle List Style, does not work in Theater View.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:22:00 am »

Been tag-editing most of the day using the in-place tag editor and frequently while I edit a field MC locks up completely for 5-10 seconds before responding.  Music continues playing uninterrupted.

[edit]Actually seeing this freeze-up during normal use as well...[/edit]

Mark

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 13.0.104 Shutting Down
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:13:19 pm »

When i use Library Tools>Analyze Audio the programm shutting down. I've already post for the same problem at the older versions but nothing. Usualy it happens when i mimize the view or in the same time i use another application.
Could you see it?

Thanks in advance.

rjm

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:37:37 pm »

When i use Library Tools>Analyze Audio the programm shutting down. I've already post for the same problem at the older versions but nothing. Usualy it happens when i mimize the view or in the same time i use another application.
Could you see it?

Thanks in advance.

How many files at a time have you told MC to analyze? (option is at bottom of analyze window)

I saw a crash a while ago when I set it to 2. Since then I have only analyzed 1 at a time so do not know if the problem still exists.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 01:13:37 pm »

I also reported this in the last build... I always run 4 concurrent threads and historically (MC12) it's been fine, but lately (MC13) it seems more flakey, because of the crashes.

Mark

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 01:18:16 pm »

104 doesn't remember that the "Show In Depth Summary" checkbox has been checked after 1st import. Have to check each time.

Pjotr

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 02:04:08 pm »

The “Tools --> Options” window still goes off the screen at the bottom on my 1024 x 600 mini laptop screen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 02:25:21 pm »

I also reported this in the last build... I always run 4 concurrent threads and historically (MC12) it's been fine, but lately (MC13) it seems more flakey, because of the crashes.
Just to make this more clear, your crashes seem to be associated with a plug-in you were running.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 04:44:38 pm »

Jim, that plugin is now removed, so I'm running a vanilla setup.

Cheers,

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 05:20:21 pm »

Jim, that plugin is now removed, so I'm running a vanilla setup.

If you still have problems, please continue the thread that was started for them.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 04:07:43 am »

Problem with the "Album Artist"/"Album Artist (Auto)"/"Band" fields:

When importing new albums, i've recently changed my workflow to first tagging the tracks with MusicBrainz Picard, and then importing them into MC. For DJ mixes, MusicBrainz fills the "Band" field with the name of the Person that compiled/mixed the album, or sometimes with the value "Various Artists". If an album is tagged that way, the "Album Artist (Auto)" field is set to the value of the ID3 "Band" field, but the "Band" field in MC is empty after importing. After i manually clear the "Album Artist" field, "Album Artist (Auto)" becomes "(Multiple Artists)", which is what has been the standard value for "Various Artists"-albums in MC for a long time. Oh, and it seems to be possible to manually edit the "Album Artist (Auto)" field. I wonder if that is correct, as "Auto"-fields aren't supposed to be changed by the user, aren't they?

Example: "Buzzin' Fly Vol.3", mixed by Ben Watt. Almost every track is from a different "Artist". After tagging with Picard, the "Band" ID3 tag is filled with "Ben Watt". After importing the tracks into MC, "Album Artist" is suddenly filled with "Benn Watt", and "Album Artist (Auto)" is filled with "Various Artists" (!). After clearing the "Album Artist" field, "Album Artist (Auto)" is changed to the expected value of "(Multiple Artists)".

The same is true for five or six other albums i've imported with MC13, even though the "Band" ID3 tag was set to "Various Artists" for these.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 04:46:30 am »

How many files at a time have you told MC to analyze? (option is at bottom of analyze window)

I saw a crash a while ago when I set it to 2. Since then I have only analyzed 1 at a time so do not know if the problem still exists.

The same, i use 2 files at a time and it crashes. With 1 at a time it crashes occasionaly.

rjm

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 10:13:15 am »

The same, i use 2 files at a time and it crashes. With 1 at a time it crashes occasionaly.

1 at a time has been rock solid for me and I use it every day

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 11:02:23 am »

Been tag-editing most of the day using the in-place tag editor and frequently while I edit a field MC locks up completely for 5-10 seconds before responding.  Music continues playing uninterrupted.

[edit]Actually seeing this freeze-up during normal use as well...[/edit]

Mark

More on this.  Noticed the behaviour only seems to occur when a tabbed window holds a browser.

Red Herring: Nope it actually just happened with no browser tabs active.

Mark

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 04:22:24 pm »

When tagging files in 'panes' view; if the last time I used right click "Rename, Move, & Copy Files..." and didn't have 'Filename' checked, once I check 'Filename' I do not have the option to use the drop-down list for the options (it just displays the mouse hover pop-up that says "Wizards, options and more". If the previous use had 'Filename' checked, the drop-down works as it should.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

jack wallstreet

Crash on Analyze Audio - Not a Problem for me
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 04:47:51 pm »

I do not have this problem.  I have been analyzing 4 at a time frequently with MC13 and have NEVER had a crash/freeze (including with 104).  I used to have a freeze fairly frequently and someone at J River suggested the virus checker conflict.  About the time that MC 13 came out, I also had an update to my Zonealarm virus checker.  For one reason or the other, about that time, crashes stopped happenning, at least for me.
John

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 03:01:51 am »

re: freezes.  I don't use resident virus checkers, so it can't be that...

I'll keep monitoring and see if I can narrow it down to particular work, ie tagging, that seems to cause more freezing.

re: analyzing.  I have to say, since dumping the Playing Now plugin my analyzing has been stable (but that could be a coincidence).

Mark

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 04:27:43 am »

Still get a weird non-responsive period for a few seconds every minute or so when streaming mp3 streams (SKYFM and the like). Everything continues as is, mouse still moves etc but program doesn't respond. Mouse focus doesn't change, can't click anything, visualisation pauses...

Saw this

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49789.0

but not the same symptoms...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 08:29:55 am »

imugli,

Please start a new thread.  See the Weird Problems thread for ideas. 

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 11:59:47 am »

1 at a time has been rock solid for me and I use it every day
That's means you won't fixe it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 12:06:26 pm »

That's means you won't fixe it?

I just ran four analyze processes at a time (APE files) for hours while playing, using DSP Studio, visualizations, and developing.  There were no hiccups.

This doesn't mean there's not a problem, but it does mean you're going to have to try to simplify and give us more information for us to help you.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 03:06:22 pm »

I just ran four analyze processes at a time (APE files) for hours while playing, using DSP Studio, visualizations, and developing.  There were no hiccups.

This doesn't mean there's not a problem, but it does mean you're going to have to try to simplify and give us more information for us to help you.
I don't know what else information can give you. Could you help me?

raldo

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 03:50:40 pm »

I'm seeing some occasional crashes when using the web browser from within MC.

These crashes have occurred when I use the link bar and then go back (using the back arrow) again.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce the situation.

I've seen it on both 101 and 98 (I believe)

------------------------
Media Center 13.0.101 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2209 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 982 MB, Free - 235 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-16H5S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 04:16:41 pm »

Any Windows 7 comments can go here.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 04:29:01 pm »

Any Windows 7 comments can go here.

Sorry Jim, wasn't sure.

Done.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 01:37:41 pm »

A bug that's been about for a fair while, but I'm sure once was ok (before the introduction and subsequent fix of a related bug I think):

When gridlines are set to off, they still appear in lots of places, such as the tag window, any custom sort boxes, the field list under manage library fields, etc.

DancerMike

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 03:45:18 pm »

Two issues I've noted:

Under Windows XP spk 3

"Start with windows" appears to no longer work using build .104

also

Soft Sky's and G-Force Visual add'on are no longer installable for JRiver when installing.  Is this due to the vendor needing to write apps compatible with version 13?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 04:04:04 pm »

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 10:04:05 am »

When syncing to handheld including videos (DVD to 3gp) the "time remaining" and "percentage complete" is not correct.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 07:28:53 am »

When burning mp3 files to Audio CD's (spanning several discs) MC crashes at the completion of each Disc burned.

_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________
Media Center 13.0.104 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 1580 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2087 MB, Free - 1502 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright ᄅ 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: Optiarc  DVD RW AD-7530A    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Sleep Timer (Active)
. . . the game is rigged

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 12:26:08 pm »

Blank pasting into the search box from a web page is back. This was a previous problem which was fixed, but seems to have returned.

It is mostly noticeable if there is already a search term in the box and you paste over it. I find if I highlight/copy (left mouse button) from left to right it mostly works but a right to left copy normally gives a blank search box.

This is not actually a MC problem per say as the copy that goes wrong actually pastes into notepad on line 3. ie two blank lines.
I was hoping for a "filter out the leading blanks" built into this function. It used to work 100% all the time.

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 12:30:57 pm »

This is probably also not actually a MC problem but:

I let MC scan my movies folder (400 movies in avi) and when the divx icon pops up or/and disappears focus is lost on any other window.

ie I am typing this post and every 4-5 seconds firefox loses focus and i have to click it to start typing again.

Not a biggie but thought i would mention it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 04:18:21 pm »

This is probably also not actually a MC problem but:

I let MC scan my movies folder (400 movies in avi) and when the divx icon pops up or/and disappears focus is lost on any other window.

ie I am typing this post and every 4-5 seconds firefox loses focus and i have to click it to start typing again.

Not a biggie but thought i would mention it.

DivX player's Tray Icon is known to create such problem.

One solution is to uninstall DivX player entirely, and let FFDShow handle DivX files.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up