INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: choose audio card  (Read 1407 times)

france

• Recent member
choose audio card
« on: January 09, 2009, 07:17:36 pm »

i know i can select default audio card using microsoft os tool and then redefine audio card for specific audio/video software. I  read the j river manual and don't find the way to go to audio device , the forum give me the way to use ASIO4ALL.
 http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-computer-audio/294341-j-river-jukebox-asio-guide.html
but asio 4all have many audio card but can t have access to the channels on one of them as output
see http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?p=194495#194495 for capture screen
the question is does jriver give us acces to output choice channel from a mixer like FL Studio let us do .
It is primary test because ask how many audio software could be control ( girder ? )
( window media -out->virtual cable  1  ------in-> FL Studio mixer insert--out--> insert 1 --> Edirol UA 25
.................................................2(and)--in->FL Studio mixer master--out--> insert 1 --> SB audigy
bluetooth is not asio compatible !!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: choose audio card
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 07:38:57 pm »

In Options > Playback > Audio, you can choose output methods like ASIO, WaveOut, WASAPI (v13 only), etc.

If you configure any of those, you'll be able to pick a specific sound card.

This setting is zone-specific, so if you create multiple zones you can target multiple soundcards.

To do the same for videos, look in Options > Playback > Video > Directshow playback settings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

france

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 07:51:31 pm »

ok thank discover now howto create zone and how jriver manage audio and video for all zone OUTPUT.. very powerfull   !!!
think two differents drivers compatible with the same card ( ASIO WM?)  could not be use at the same time with one card !!
1- strange ASIO4All give me acces to virtual cable in FL Studio but don't find a way  to acces to this item when custom  zone in jriver !!
(window player give me access to virtual cable  as output to FL studio mixer )
2- does jriver support many stream at same time ?
mean for audio in mono channel : 2 differents source/input (itune/ vtuner)->2 differents output/device speaker
or could j river play two file at the same time ? because hope multiroom mean multisource multitarget !!!

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »

ok thank discover now howto create zone and how jriver manage audio and video for all zone OUTPUT.. very powerfull   !!!
think two differents drivers compatible with the same card ( ASIO WM?)  could not be use at the same time with one card !!
1- strange ASIO4All give me acces to virtual cable in FL Studio but don't find a way  to acces to this item when custom  zone in jriver !!
(window player give me access to virtual cable  as output to FL studio mixer )
2- does jriver support many stream at same time ?
mean for audio in mono channel : 2 differents source/input (itune/ vtuner)->2 differents output/device speaker
or could j river play two file at the same time ? because hope multiroom mean multisource multitarget !!!

Yes, you can definitely play multiple different streams to multiple rooms at the same time eg. Video in your lounge at the same time as CD Audio to your bedroom and Internet streaming to your kitchen. Pretty much only limited by your soundcard outputs and your PC specs...
Pages: [1]   Go Up