INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice Review -- Thanks!  (Read 1882 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Nice Review -- Thanks!
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:24:24 am »

To whoever wrote this one -- Thanks!  We really appreciate it.  It was well written.

http://www.nelsonguirado.com/index.php/techreviews/2008/12/27/j-river-media-center-the-best-itunes-alt

gappie

Re: Nice Review -- Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:42:18 pm »

indeed a nice review.

let me state that Media Center is more an extension of my media will than a program.
guess that is rightly said...  :)

Media Center is to iTunes in music management what Barack Obama is to Michael Moore in hunky beach photography.
;D

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:21:42 pm »

I'm still surprised that MC doesn't get more favorable airtime out there.  I may be mistaken but I don't remember it being that way back in the old Media Jukebox only days... glowing reviews was one of the reasons I originally bought it.

nguirado

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:32:55 pm »

I wrote it. Frankly, that Cnet review pissed me off. How could they have missed Media Center? We should let them know about thier ommission. I've been using Media Center for years, by the way.

rjm

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:39:00 pm »

This month's Computer Power User magazine has a brief writeup on page 76 announcing the "new" MC 12 and discusses the Theatre View plug-in architecture which allows on-screen widgets.

It's a year behind and I don't remember seeing any widgets but I guess any publicity is better than none.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 12:17:01 am »

Widgets!

Now THERE'S one for the feature requests list!  ;D

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 08:35:34 am »

I've been saying that for a while.  Why isn't this more well known?  Just as he said, Cnet didn't know about it.  I've watched a lot of itunes alternative roundups and never see MC.  The only reason they don't include it, I can think of, is that it is pricey--relatively speaking--$40.  But who buying a media program hasn't spent THOUSANDS on media.  I told a co-worker about it and he just couldn't see paying for a media management program.  I found MC accidentally and good thing I did.  I almost lost all faith in my media library.  I desperately didn't want to re-rip my collection with iTunes as the base.  I remember not liking Media Monkey.  The problem is that so many features can create an ugly, distraught interface and I think that was part of my complaint.

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 10:25:54 am »

I visit DSL Reports daily - great site for a lot of things.  Here's their members poll for 2008 for Media Players (within their "Software" forum), taken roughly a year ago:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19580231-PollMedia-Players-2008-Member-Choice

I know at least one of the votes under "Other" is for MC!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up