INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SB X-Fi Xtreme Aud 7.1 into multiple outputs/zones, Please Help!  (Read 3648 times)

stang725

Does anyone have any experience splitting a X-Fi series card into multiple zones, I need (3). I want to avoid buying another card, when I'm only using two of the channels for one zone, currently FR/FL. I know how to create additional zones in MC, I just  don't know how to isolate the outputs on the card in to seperate stereo channels. The Kdrivers don't support the X-Fi series, I'm open to suggestions. The best I was able to get was sound out of the fronts on one zone, and partial sound on one channel through another zone. I read about people creating 4 zones from one 7.1 card, please help me make this a reality. I don't have room in my equipment cabinent or CPU case for 3 PCI cards or USB devices. I'm using XP32bit/ w JRMC12

Do I need special drivers, where?

What do I set for the I/O for the card in MC, when using multiple zones? directsound, ASIO....?

Thanks,
Eric

jpataylor

• Recent member
Re: SB X-Fi Xtreme Aud 7.1 into multiple outputs/zones, Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 09:29:42 am »

Eric,

I'd love to know the answer to your question as well - I posted a similar query just before you on the board but also haven't had any responses yet. If you do find a solution I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks,

J

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:46:34 am »

This thread might help.

jpataylor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 06:15:44 pm »

Thanks Jim,

That certainly helps a lot. Just one more thing to confirm which might be really obvious but I'd just like to check before I buy the hardware: If I use direct sound and a 7.1 sound card will I get channel options for FR+FL, SR+SL, RR+RL and C+LFE?

Thanks for your time,

J
Pages: [1]   Go Up