INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix Please: List Refresh annoyance in Jukebox when editing field  (Read 1441 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen

Does anyone else get annoyed when the list refreshes while your editing a tag field?
For instance, I'll be editing the song name and I'll be busy typing and then if the list refreshes, it will jump out of the editing mode.
So I'm left with a half named song.  Its not the end of the world... but it is annoying.  Not to mention that the while i type the list also auto scrolls down to the next field matching the letter i type.

Perhaps you (Media Jukebox developers) could look at an alternative? Maybe the list doesn't have to refresh while the user is editing a field in the list?  That would much be better. 

Example editing song name to: "Time of our Lives"

1) Renaming song in the list: "Time Of Our Li[list then refreshes]"
2) Auto scrolls to the next song name beginning with "v".
3) [user = confused]
4) Scroll back up and find song that was being edited: "Paul Van Dyk - Time Of Our Li"
5) Edit song name and add "ves" to end. "Paul Van Dyk - Time Of Our Lives"

Regards
Chris[/list]

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Fix Please: List Refresh annoyance in Jukebox when editing field
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:59:48 am »

I wonder what is causing the list refresh. It isn't happening to me.

Only a popup from my firewall sometimes steals the focus and an unfinished field value may be saved, but I have configured it to show alerts. MC and MJ are not the only affected programs.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

chriswale

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:38:00 am »

Hi Alex B.  Your the only one who ever responds :)
Okay... basically the list refreshes. Or that is what it appears like to me.

The refresh happens every few minutes .. I think.
I assume this is when [update for external changes] is on

I should also mention that I am also playing the music on my PC and the data (MP3's) are stored on a server.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:21:56 pm »

It could be related to the Auto-import feature.

The "Update for external changes" feature should not re-read file data unless the files are really changed outside MJ12, but if you are adding new files to the defined auto-import locations naturally MJ12 imports them.

I don't usually let the auto-importer run in the background so I have not personally monitored how and when MJ12 refreshes the views after importing new files.

You could try if it would work better when the "Run auto-import in background" option is disabled. You can always use the Run Auto-Import Now command for importing new stuff.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

chriswale

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 03:29:00 pm »

Yes that worked. When I turned off auto-import it was as you explained.
However, the original settings with auto-import on should not cause user annoyance.
So my request to the MJ12 developers still stands... please fix the list refresh on auto-import so that it does not interrupt the user typing.  See above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up