INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: scrolling in drop down field lists behaves unproper with mouse wheel  (Read 1610 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

When tagging, for list delimited fields a nice drop down list pops-up when pressing F2. Within the list I can scroll up and down with my mouse wheel and choose my entries simply by pressing space. (That's really great).

This works fine as long as the number of files fits into the screen. As soon, as the file list requires it's own scroll bar on the right, the behaviour of the drop-down changes. Turning the mouse wheel results in scrolling the main screen instead of the drop down list. It obviously looses its focus.

Would be great if you can fix this as it makes tagging much more efficient.

And one more thing:
After pressing F2 on list delimited tag fields, the content in the text box should be marked! At present, it is not possible to copy + paste a field content without using the mouse. As possible in MC12, it would be great just to press F2, then CTRL+C, then arrow down, then CTRL+V.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: scrolling in drop down field lists behaves unproper with mouse wheel
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:15:17 am »

When tagging, for list delimited fields a nice drop down list pops-up when pressing F2. Within the list I can scroll up and down with my mouse wheel and choose my entries simply by pressing space. (That's really great).

This works fine as long as the number of files fits into the screen. As soon, as the file list requires it's own scroll bar on the right, the behaviour of the drop-down changes. Turning the mouse wheel results in scrolling the main screen instead of the drop down list. It obviously looses its focus.

+1

I have previously reported this as a bug.

Mark

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 01:53:33 pm »

This still is buggy in build 13.129. For non-list-delimited fields the behaviour is correct. But for list-delimited fields the behaviour is still wrong.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:01:38 pm »

This should be changed in build 131 and later.  Thanks for letting us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 04:17:59 pm »

This should be improved in build 132, now available at the top of this board.

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 05:59:11 pm »

Thanks a lot :D, works great now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up