INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funnies ... that MIGHT make you go ... Oh NO ....  (Read 1070 times)

Jolly Molly

Funnies ... that MIGHT make you go ... Oh NO ....
« on: July 21, 2002, 02:15:59 am »

As a novice to this, I can't say how much I am enjoying MJ, even to the extent that yesterday I hardly did anything else!  
Whilst downloading and listening to recent downloads on MJ (GOT THEM SORTED INTO CATEGORIES TO SUIT MY MOOD BY THE WAY LISE, THANKS FOR THE TIP!     ) I came across some jokes which I would like to share. (Please laugh!)      

John and Lorraine had been dating each other for years and were getting bored of each other. They became like a married couple, nagging and sarcasm in all their conversations. One day John met a girl named Cleary. She was pretty, smart and funny and John longed to break up with Lorraine and date Cleary but he couldn't. Then one day Lorraine was walking along the side of a river when she fell in and drowned. When John heard the news he was so happy he sang "I can see Cleary now, Lorraine is gone!"

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed that thenew program began making unexpected changes to the accounting software,severely limiting access to wardrobe, flowers and jewel applications that operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0
No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure. Inaddition, Husband 1.0 uninstalls many other valuable programs such as Dinner Dancing 7.5, Cruise Ship 2.3 and Opera Night 6.1 and installs new undesirable programs such as Poker Night 1.3, Saturday Football 5.0, Golf 2.4 and Clutter Everywhere 4.5. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and invariably crashes the system. Under no circumstances will it run Diaper Changing 14.1 or House Cleaning 2.6. I've tried Nagging 5.3 to fix Husband 1.0, but this all purpose utility is of limited effectiveness. Can you help please!!!
Thank you, Jane

Dear Jane,

This is a very common problem women complain about, but is mostly due to aprimary misconception. Many people upgrade from Boy Friend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 with no idea that Boy Friend 5.0 is merely an ENTERTAINMENT package. However, Husband 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and was designed by its creator to run as few applications as possible. Further, you cannot purge Husband 1.0 andreturn to Boy Friend 5.0 because Husband 1.0 is not designed to do this.
Hidden operating files within your system would cause Boy Friend 5.0 to emulate Husband 1.0, so nothing is gained.

It is impossible to uninstall, delete or purge the program files from the system once installed. Any new program files can only be installed once per year as Husband 1.0 has severely limited memory. Error messages are common and a normal part of Husband 1.0. In desperation to play some of their "old time" favourite applications or to get new applications to work, some women have tried to install Boy Friend 6.0 or Husband 2.0. However, these women end up with more problems than encountered with Husband 1.0. Look in your manual
under "Warnings: Divorce/Child Support." You will notice that this program runs very poorly and comes bundled with Heart Break 1.3. I recommend you keepHusband 1.0 and just learn the quirks of this strange and illogical system.

Having Husband 1.0 installed myself, I might also suggest you read the entiresection regarding General Partnership Faults (GPFs) This is a wonderful feature of Husband 1.0 secretly installed by the parent company as an integral part of the operating system. Husband 1.0 must assume ALL responsibility and ALL faults and problems regardless of root cause. To activate this great feature enter the command "C:\ I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME".

Sometime Tears 6.2 must be run simultaneously while entering the command. Husband 1.0 should then run the applications Apologize 12.3 and Flowers/Chocolates 7.8.

"TECH TIP!'"

Avoid excessive use of this feature. Overuse can create additional and more serious GPFs and ultimately YOU may have to give a C:\>II APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal operations. Overuse can also cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5 or worse yet, Beer 6.0. Beer 6.0 is a very bad program that causes Husband 1.0 to create Fat Belly files and Snoring Loudly wave files that are hard to delete. Save yourself some trouble
by following this tech tip! Just remember, the system will run smoothly and take the blame for all GPFs, but because of this fine feature it can only intermittently run all applications Boy Friend 5.0 ran. Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. Consider buying additional software to improve performance. I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0, Lingerie 5.3 and Patience 10.1. Used in conjunction, these utilities can really help keep Husband1.0 running smoothly. After several years of use Husband 1.0 will become familiar
and you will find many valuable embedded features such as Fixes Broken Things 2.1, Snuggling 4.2 and Best Friend 7.6.

A final word of caution DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Mother In Law 1.0. This is not a supported application and will cause selective shut down of the operating system. Husband 1.0 will run only Fishing 9.4 and Hunting 5.2 until Mother In Law 1.0 is uninstalled.

I hope these notes have helped. Thank you for choosing to install Husband 1.0 and we here at Tech Support wish you the best of luck in coming years. We trust you will learn to fully enjoy the product!

Anyone got better ones?

Molly      

zevele1

RE:Funnies ... that MIGHT make you go ... Oh NO ....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 02:40:33 am »

This one is very very good!
Hard to beat!

Jolly|PLS|Molly

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2002, 03:35:31 am »

Thanks zevele      

Molly    

Holden

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2002, 06:24:53 am »

Jolly Molly...

Great story. I've enjoyed your posts and wish you years of happiness with MJ. I'm continually finding new and exciting features in it that make it a continuing joy to work with. I have tried most of the other juke boxes and none of them compare.

Best wishes, Holden

JollyJim

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2002, 09:11:27 am »

Hey Moll

The long-awaited new plugin from MJ will soon be released and will, no doubt, be a winner.

It's the new all-bells all-whistles Constantly Available Supply Accessory for Black, Lemon And Nonblack Coffee Acronym (CASABLANCA). It'll need a slight hardware upgrade to cater for the steam pipe - apparently Microsoft are working on this now. Enjoy......

Jim

(I'm cringing here at the awful poetic licence I've taken in using the word acronym in the above acronym (errr...))
Gotta go now - the man in the white coat has just arrived.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2002, 09:49:32 am »

JollyMolly,
The first one was a little grim but the pun was good.
The second one was a hoot.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JollyMolly

RE:Funnies ... that MIGHT make you say ... "OH NO ...."
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2002, 11:39:03 am »

Charlemagne8

Glad you enjoyed the second one. Yes I agree that the first one was a bit grim but it was one I just included in the hope that someone would come up with something MUCH better!!

Hey Jim (Jolly that is!)

I'M WORKING ON A RESPONSE TO YOUR LAST POSTING.   Forgive me but I thought the "N" stood for "NOIR".  I might be wrong. Anyway - let me know which hospital they take you to and I'll come and visit!

Meanwhile here's another one ...

How do you cross a river full of crocodiles? You don't know? Okay, how about...

How do you put an elephant in a refrigerator?
Open the door, put in the elephant, shut the door.

How do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator?
Open the door, take out the elephant, shut the door.

The king of the jungle, was having a meeting and all of the animals in the jungle had to attend. Everyone was there except who? Why weren't they there?
The giraffe, he's still in the refrigerator.

Now, how do you cross that river?
You swim, all the crocodiles are at the king's meeting.

Moll

JollyJim

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2002, 11:57:29 am »

Hiya Moll
Here's my fave joke - I hope you have'nt already heard it.

A man with a dog is walking down the road when they are approached by another man. The second man asks 'Will your dog bite if I stroke him?' to which the first man replies 'No'. So, the second man strokes the dog which immediately rips his arm off. The second man says to the first 'I thought you said your dog did'nt bite?'. The first man replies 'It's not my dog'.....

I accept the 'N' for Noir would have been better......I bow to your better judgement.

Have a nice day - Jim

zevele1

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2002, 12:25:58 pm »

How do you recognise a french in England?

-He his the only one eating cornflakes with a tea spoon[small spoon]
-It is the one of your guests who cannot flush toilets

and ,trust me to flush english toilets is NOT easy task.I'am good at it now,but i spent a fortune on water when training in my London flat.......

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2002, 12:27:57 pm »

This is the ultimate joke. It gets me out of complicated situations by distracting people. It usually gets them to seek medical assistance afterwards, though. Can't image why. Here it goes:

Two brownies are in an oven. One of them turns to the other and says: "Gee, is it just me or is it getting hot in here?". The other one jumps back, startled, and says: "HOLY SH*T! A talking brownie!!".

OK, jaws up
Sérgio Gomes
Pages: [1]   Go Up