INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dvd playback and error messages  (Read 812 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
dvd playback and error messages
« on: January 17, 2009, 05:15:42 pm »

ok.. i tried to play a dvd for the first time since installing 13. i did play enough dvd files from my hd though, and 12 worked great on this machine. first, after starting up i got the message that the dvd player was not in the right region... which is nonsence. when i used 12 on this same machine it was never telling me that. and more importantly. it is set to the right region...
dvd playback was set to automatic selection.
but none the less i started up anydvd, we just wanted to watch a dvd. after that mc crashed when just looking at the dvd icon in mc. just dying, no messages.. after trying some playback choices and choosing cancel because it wanted to startup some basic library etc, i got it to playback..

just wanted to check what choice did work and got this message again about my dvd playback is not configured rightly and i should buy intervideo stuff. after stopping my audio playback mc thought differently..

i know that it has to do with directx.. but the messaging is far besides the point, wrong region and no dvd playback codecs, and more importantly, mc should not die after a wrong choice, just not playback.. and i guess automatic selection just chooses one selection that should work, but it apparently does not.

thanks for blowing of some steam

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up