INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mystical view under views.  (Read 3506 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
mystical view under views.
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:38:22 am »

when i go to the toolbar>view i get all the views from the tree. but two extra items called theater view. i did have a view called that way in the 12 days, but as can been seen in the second attachment its not there. anyone else seeing something like that.

and an other question. what is the use of all those items under view. they are already at the left side in the tree. but to get to the items i use, like skin or splitview i always have to go to the small triangle first and scroll down.

:)
gab

edit: just asked myself what would happen if i would make a view with the same name and delete it again. when i made a new view and called it Theater View in the view maker. mc renamed it to Theater View (2). as if those two Theater View were in the tree. but renaming it using f2 and deleting it did not help.

and i see the same under video and images. and when i click on them, they do have a layout.

gappie

Re: mystical view under views.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:06:29 am »

i made an empty database in 13. those items dont show up. so i guess they are a residue left after converting the database from 12.

i guess there is no way to get rid of them.

gab

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:36:10 pm »

gappie, I don't know... Did you try deleting the cache folder from your library folder?

That View menu is really, super annoying as it is right now.

Select a playlist and click on View. That's what I expect to see every time I select that menu.

Now open a library view and click on View again...
To get at the options available when clicking View from a playlist, I need to scroll away down, and it's a pain.

As far as I can tell, the View menu is being populated with every view available in the current branch. I have a root tree entry here I call "Workshop"...
Under that, I have "Audio", "Image", "Video" and "Documents", and under each of those, I have various work related view schemes. If I am anywhere inside the "Workshop", then every single view is presented in an extremely long, flat and confusing (because many of the views are named the same for each media type) list, at the bottom of which I can find the options I was looking for in the first place.

Like gappie, I struggle to see the point of this list... all of it's entries are right there, in the tree, in a nice organised, easy to get way, and if the tree were hidden, then there's a nice organised, easy to get tree browser right there in the view header.

If the View menu has to remain like this, can it at least provide sub-menus at points where the tree branches?

-marko.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:16:08 pm »

Some people don't use the tree ; )

I still miss the menus in MC12, and it seems like this View list is an ode to them. I actually like having all the schemes in View because I have quick access when the tree is closed. It does however get a little crazy as you can see, but honestly rarely use the functions in the View menu if at all.

DC

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:56:24 pm »

Some people don't use the tree ; )

In case you missed it...

Like gappie, I struggle to see the point of this list... all of it's entries are right there, in the tree, in a nice organised, easy to get way, and if the tree were hidden, then there's a nice organised, easy to get tree browser right there in the view header.

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 02:26:50 pm »

That's not correct IIRC. You can switch to other view schemes in View; you're "stuck" in the current one with the header.

I see what happens. It's strange you have to select an item (in the Panes) when starting with Panes view, with tree closed, to make the Scheme Header show up. Kind of weird. I guess I have to agree, View looks sloppy, but I guess I was having flashbacks to the perfect header menus in MC12  :D

DC

gappie

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 04:49:22 pm »

gappie, I don't know... Did you try deleting the cache folder from your library folder?
thanks marco.. did not think of trying that.. but it did not work.. ah well.. i can live with them.
thought i could test to see what happens when i would make a library in 12 and make a view called theaterview and some other unexpected things and see how they would import. but that would be for the cats his tail so...  8)

and about that view menue. i would be happy if all the other items like splitview and skin etc would be before all the other items that are already in the tree. i do use the tree, and have to scroll through the whole tree to get to some commands i use but are not anywhere else..

gab

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:18:37 pm »

when i go to the toolbar>view i get all the views from the tree. but two extra items called theater view. i did have a view called that way in the 12 days, but as can been seen in the second attachment its not there. anyone else seeing something like that.

Yes, I am and I'm please to hear it's not me going crazy  :o

So where are these unknown views coming from how do we get rid of them?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 04:11:14 am »

i opened the browser.jmd in notepad. they are there. what i dont understand is that i can open those views via view in the toolbar, but that they dont show up in the tree. i also deleted the browser.jmd from my test database. and they were indeed gone. with all my views ofcource. but with the standard ones again. dont feel like making all my views new.

gab

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 04:33:33 am »

Perhaps JRiver have a tool that can clean this up?
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 05:03:19 am »

found a way to get rid of them   8)

click on audio. go to view in the toolbar and open one them. click on the small triangle in the top bar to customize the view. in the customize view screen click 'load a view'. load a view, not the empty one and bingo, the view now shows up in the tree and can be deleted. must be done for those under images and video also.

i tried a lot, and this seems to work.  :P

gab

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 06:18:26 pm »

found a way to get rid of them   8)

click on audio. go to view in the toolbar and open one them. click on the small triangle in the top bar to customize the view. in the customize view screen click 'load a view'. load a view, not the empty one and bingo, the view now shows up in the tree and can be deleted. must be done for those under images and video also.

i tried a lot, and this seems to work.  :P

gab

Nice work Gab! Works perfectly.  ;)

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 01:27:35 pm »

I read through the posts here, but can't quite figure out how to get rid of the long list of views/sub-views in the View Menu in the toolbar.  When I have clicked Audio in the tree, regardless of what view I select in the tree, the View Menu in the toolbar shows every view and subview from the tree.  I would like to not have all this stuff show in the View Menu in the toolbar, but I don't want to delete these views from the tree... as I think Gappie suggests in the posted solution.  Any thoughts?

gappie

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 02:51:58 pm »

I read through the posts here, but can't quite figure out how to get rid of the long list of views/sub-views in the View Menu in the toolbar.  When I have clicked Audio in the tree, regardless of what view I select in the tree, the View Menu in the toolbar shows every view and subview from the tree.  I would like to not have all this stuff show in the View Menu in the toolbar, but I don't want to delete these views from the tree... as I think Gappie suggests in the posted solution.  Any thoughts?
you cant get those views out of the toolbar without deleting them from the tree. my solution was for an item that was in the toolbar list but not in the tree, a ghost, that only a few people where seeing.  8)

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up