INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot login  (Read 1806 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
Cannot login
« on: January 26, 2009, 04:18:11 pm »

I upgraded to the latest version last Friday. I was then able to change my password, so I did so. I went to my home computer and also updated but could not login from there.

I am trying again today at my original computer and it will not let me in. I clicked the "Forgot Password" prompt. It comes up with "We had a problem trying to send a new password to you at xxxx@yyy.com (with my actual correct email address of course)Your password has not been changed."

Possibly a locked account?

Pete

chirpp

• World Citizen
Re: Cannot login
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »

I forgot to mention in that same error box it says "Details:Unknown User". I didn't cancel my account or anything, that I know of....

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 05:06:34 pm »

Looks like you have an account and your subscription is paid up....

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:11:16 pm »

It looks like a messed up configuration.  You're trying to login to the wrong account type.  I'm not sure how this would have happened but I would suggest uninstalling PMC and then reinstalling.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:19:44 pm »

That worked. I uninstalled from my home computer, reboot, reinstalled and was able to choose the option to send me a new password. Oddly enough ,it took so long to get the new password emailed to me, that I was not able to try it on my home machine. On my work machine I just used the new password and got in, without uninstalling at all. It would appear that one of the 2 installs made the id and password "freak out" some how. 

On we go.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 05:01:18 pm »

It looks to be more of an install issue.  When one of the files can't be read, the app goes to defaults which were inappropriate.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 05:24:56 pm »

I agree. Seems odd that it was working with those installs, but who knows. I just like being able to use Freak Out once in a while too!
Thanks for the help.
Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up