INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.112 -- Available here  (Read 3021 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.112 -- Available here
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:52:46 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130112.exe

13.0.112 (01/23/2009)

1. Fixed: "Group By" menu would be incorrectly available when viewing Panes + Album Thumbnails.
2. Fixed: Pane tagging was not placing a checkbox next to "Unassigned".
3. Changed: Revised user interface of Remote Control options page.
4. Fixed: TV recording imported jts file when only jtv file needed to be imported.
5. Fixed: When ending a time-shifting session, if the user chose not to save time-shifting data, the TV recording that had finished during that session was also deleted.  Now the data related to the TV recording is saved, and only unwanted data is deleted.
6. Changed: Revised the user interface shown when adding or modifying a remote control command.
7. NEW: Added a "Delete All Channels" button to the manage television channels dialog.
8. NEW: Television view better steps a user with no channels or no program guide through setup.
9. NEW: Scanning for television channels no longer blocks the main user interface of the program.
10. Fixed: Some popups weren't correctly remembering their last size.
11. Fixed: Deleting TV Recording/time-shifting files from hard disk only deleted a single file, instead of all files related to a recording.
12. Optimized: Library views that show thumbnails with files below no longer build / update the bottom file list when it's set to zero height.
13. Fixed: If a tree item was auto-expanded, then the tree was refreshed, it would not properly auto-collapse.
14. Fixed: On a fresh XP install, the player could download Windows Media Format files that it didn't need to. (nothing got installed)
15. Changed: When TV recording is imported, the Date field is filled with the time the recording was started, instead of the time when importing occurred.
16. Fixed: The bookmark field was not filled when a jtv file was imported.
17. Optimized: A few core library optimizations that help program performance.

13.0.111 (01/22/2009)

1. Optimized: Removed dependence on wmdmproghelp.dll during WMDM handheld transfers.
2. Changed: Switched from bundled help to online help using the wiki. (the wiki contains the full manual)
3. Fixed: During install, the progress bar would not always go all the way to the right on the copying files stage.
4. Fixed: TV recording (jtv files) was extended beyond scheduled stop time if user was watching the channel at the scheduled stop-recording time.

13.0.110 (01/20/2009)

1. Fixed: A couple of messaging issues due to optimizations in build 109.
2. Fixed: The player could unnecessarily hit the internet to get store URLs instead of getting them on demand.
3. Changed: Officially removed Win9x support.
4. Optimized: Removed Win9x unicode layer -- produces smaller binaries and a slightly smaller download.
5. Fixed: The new jtv TV recording files would not play or import.
6. Changed: File types jts and jtv are better registered with DirectShow so that they can be loaded by other DirectShow applications.
7. Optimized: Revised some core library functionality to provide slightly smaller binaries.

13.0.109 (01/19/2009)

1. NEW: A new file type *.jtv is created for TV recording. This is not a stand alone file type. It is a stub file that references to time-shifting files so we can manage TV recording and time-shifting better.
2. Fixed: In rare cases, a television channel with missing information could be shown, but recording of that channel would fail.
3. Optimized: More improvements to core libraries to reduce size of components.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn!).
5. Fixed: DSP Effects user interface was not working properly (only applies to last few builds).

13.0.108 (01/16/2009)

1. Optimized: Some system update components that are only needed once and only needed on certain machines are downloaded at install time instead of included with the build.
2. Changed: The Media Center installer will no longer update the Windows Media format runtimes to v11.0 on XP machines.  Use Windows Update to update your machine.
3. Fixed: When the core JRTools.dll version changed, shell extensions could lock JRTools, requiring a reboot to install. (could still happen with this build, but won't again)
4. Optimized: Changes to core components to reduce the size of included DLLs and EXEs.

raldo

Re: Media Center 13.0.112 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:42:47 pm »

I think you have to look at thread priority somehow when one switches video views. Is it regeneration of thumbs or something that generates the heavy CPU load? I think i saw couple of JRWorker.exe in the CPU view of the task manager when I did the switch...

I'm thinking if it's only done once during the first time one opens a view, maybe you should smooth things out a little.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:02:03 pm »

I think you have to look at thread priority somehow when one switches video views. Is it regeneration of thumbs or something that generates the heavy CPU load? I think i saw couple of JRWorker.exe in the CPU view of the task manager when I did the switch...

I'm thinking if it's only done once during the first time one opens a view, maybe you should smooth things out a little.

JRWorker is used to build video thumbnails.  Even though the process is run with the lowest priority for a background thread inside Media Center, it can still bog some systems depending on the Directshow filters used to decode a little of the video.  We haven't been able to find any better way to throttle this down.

The good news is that thumbnail creation should be a one-time event.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 05:04:58 pm »

I split a few posts to a new thread called Why Build 112 is Smaller.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:05:15 pm »

Virus.Win32.KME (whatever that is) was reported by ZoneAlarm (current version) as being in the package installer for 13.0.112 and quarantined it.  I hope that was a false detection.  Zone alarm seemed to install correctly, notwithstanding.
John

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 06:11:28 pm »

Virus.Win32.KME (whatever that is) was reported by ZoneAlarm (current version) as being in the package installer for 13.0.112 and quarantined it.  I hope that was a false detection.  Zone alarm seemed to install correctly, notwithstanding.
It's a false positive.  Please see this thread.

In that thread, gappie describes how to install if Kaspersky is running.

For discussion of virus checker reports, please use this thread.

morten vorgod

save and load view
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 03:14:31 am »

Hi

A bit of help needed - or is this a incident perhaps?

Yesterday i saved a view using
- > Customize view
- - > Saved views
- - - > Save this view

Now I would like to load the saved view! How do i do that?

- - - > Load this view
only allows 'load' of predefined views, there are no possibilities for 'browse for saved views'

morten vorgod

Startup interface - location Audio
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 03:22:59 am »

Hi

How do i get Media Center to start up in Audio - Artist/Album ?

I got this setup
- > Tools
- - > Options
- - - > Startup
- - - - > Startup interface location Audio

This setup result in Media Center starting up in 'Recently Ripped' each time - why not in Artist/album ??

regards

Gnostic

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 05:28:26 am »

Just downloaded 13.0112 and I'm still getting the problem with the DSP box forgetting its settings, although it's improved inasmuch as it just switches "effects" on or off instead of returning to default settings.  :'(

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:08:41 am »

I have a serious problem. I just installed Windows Server 2008 R2 and well theres is two obvious bug I have.

When opening the Audio Analysis tool, as soon I click analyse or resize the analyse audio window MC13 crash (little windows box saying the apllication stopped working)

When I open MC13 for the first time I have a CD drive wasn't initialized require administrative privilege error.

Thx

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:43:01 pm »

I've disabled my A/V (Nod32 3.0) but I suddenly can't download the mp3 installer package from JRiver. I don't have this problem on my other machine. It just keeps responding with an Information pop up about an invalid package and that it can not download. This is my Vista machine, the other is XP. Any ideas?

I converted to mp3 last week before updating to .112

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up