INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Cover art issue  (Read 2216 times)

motionblur1

Automatic Cover art issue
« on: January 31, 2009, 11:31:57 am »

I went through this once before, and tried cleaning it up, but recently I moved my audio library to another hard drive, and proceeded to import the audio files. After doing so, I'm finding some issues with the cover art files being associated with wrong songs. It appears that MJ is trying to assign an common image to many different files. There's even some cases when I've got an entire album, with a cover.jpg in the folder, and in MJ half of the songs have the correct cover art, and the other half of them are some hacked-up photo.
This has happened before, when I would copy the cover art image to the clipboard, and paste it, later on I would find this cover art image which i copied embedded in other files, and I never did it!

I tried yesterday going through and deleting the cover art associated with these audio files (there was probably 60+), but as I see again today this cover art image is now back but is assigned to numerous other files (probably 30+ this time, different audio files tho - and i didn't miss them yesterday).

Any ideas on how to stop this from happening? Or why this is happening?

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automatic Cover art issue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:38:19 am »

I have the same issue. When I am importing new albums, which dont have a album cover yet, Jukebox sometimes assigns an unwanted cover album to the files. Does someone has an idea, how to avoid this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:01:41 am »

MJ will use folder.jpg if there is no other cover art, so if you have multiple files in a folder and you've got a folder.jpg for one, you may see the same art for other tracks.  Try the wiki for more info on cover art.  Link above.

DOLOMITE73

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:31:33 pm »

i get the same thing - a default image being used for files where I don't have cover art. Most annoying - what can I do to rectify this? I don't understand the 'folder.jpeg' message earlier.

Got to say though MJ 12 is awesome :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:13:35 pm »

If you have a single jpg file in a directory with a lot of audio files, MC will use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up