INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After I "Restore Library" The Files Cannot Play  (Read 947 times)

ken-l

• Recent member
After I "Restore Library" The Files Cannot Play
« on: February 01, 2009, 12:44:46 pm »

I'm trying to figure out how to use my playlists from one computer on another.
My "main" music system is a laptop connected to my stereo.
All the files/folders are in "My Music" on both machines.
I have done a "Backup Library" on the laptop and the used that zip for a "Restore Library" on my desktop, but I get an error message when I try to play a selection.

Hoping for a solution!

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: After I "Restore Library" The Files Cannot Play
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:48:47 pm »

What does the error message say?

tangolovers

• World Citizen
Re: After I "Restore Library" The Files Cannot Play
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:19:29 am »

I am having the exact same problem.  I have searched everywhere in the forum and can't find anything.

I have three computers, one of which I use to play from my stereo.  They are all on a network, so I copy my music directory from my main laptop to the others, but the directory/file structure is slightly different on each machine. 

After doing a Library > Backup on my main computer I have tried copying the entire JRiver directory directly to the other two machines and I have also tried just copying the most recent backup.zip file.  Both yield the same results... the files won't play.   

I have also tried re-importing on the other two machines and then restoring the libraries, but that doesn't work either.   This used to work when I first started using MJ12, but now that I've purchased MC13 I can't seem to get it to work anymore. 
I thought it was supposed to be easy to maintain the same music and libraries on multiple machines. 

Can someone please shed some light on this? 
SusieM - I'm Using MC on MacOS & Windows 10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up